• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight IMDb Watch: Are Dark Knight Fanboys Burying The Godfather?

I followed a little bit of this situation on the iMDB boards. Only a little bit, mind - I can only take such idiocy in small doses.

Apparently, after "The Dark Knight" toppled "The Godfather" from the number 1 spot, this incited torrents of hatred towards TDK on "The Godfather" forums. So, a bunch of the "Godfather" fans banded together to start a focused 1/10 campaign against "The Dark Knight" in order to restore things to "the way they should be." Part of why the average score of "The Dark Knight" has steadily dropped from 9.7/10 to, I believe, 9.3/10. This was accompanied by an influx of trolling on the TDK boards, from regulars on the Godfather boards. Bashing the film, bashing the fans, etc. Gloating that they'd ensure "The Dark Knight" wasn't #1 for long.

Evidently, they didn't count on the backlash of the "Dark Knight" fans voting 1/10 for "The Godfather" in retaliation.

There's no going back. We've changed things...forever. :oldrazz: But, yeah, that's pretty pathetic, on both the Godfather and TDK fans' part.

My god, I thought i met net idiocy in it's purest form yesterday but this takes the cake, my god what a bunch of losers, I didn't even know the Godfather had a forum, does everything have one ? :huh:

Yep, every film, actor, director, TV show etc. (basically, everything that has a page on iMDB) also has a forum.

There's no going back. We've changed things...forever. :oldrazz: But, yeah, that's pretty pathetic, on both the Godfather and TDK fans' part.

Agreed. Both "The Godfather" and "The Dark Knight" are 10/10 movies, in my opinion.

I'm fan of both movies and have great actors in them :up:

I remember reading one argument for why TDK should not be #1 (or even the top 50), claiming that the movie was "too entertaining" to be considered one of the best films ever made.

Only regular posters effect the list, and we all know tons of people hate the IMBD boards, so I don't think newbs joining just to dethrone the Godfather will have much of an effect.

I remember reading one argument for why TDK should not be #1 (or even the top 50), claiming that the movie was "too entertaining" to be considered one of the best films ever made.

LOL! i agree, give the number 1 spot to some other movie that isnt entertaining enough. holy ****.. some peoples sheer stupidity is incredible!

Does anyone notice how petty this is? This is just as bad as Avril Lavigne's scheme to get to the top of YouTube.

IMDB's list means nothing, and of course it's being sabotaged by TDK fans. I've been a member there for a while and in the forums they encourage people to vote 1 for Godfather and 10 for TDK. Of course only regular voters count but all you have to do if you're a new member is just go vote on a bunch of other random movies first. Everything on IMDB can be influenced by fans, that's why it shouldn't be taken seriously.

I followed a little bit of this situation on the iMDB boards. Only a little bit, mind - I can only take such idiocy in small doses.

Apparently, after "The Dark Knight" toppled "The Godfather" from the number 1 spot, this incited torrents of hatred towards TDK on "The Godfather" forums. So, a bunch of the "Godfather" fans banded together to start a focused 1/10 campaign against "The Dark Knight" in order to restore things to "the way they should be." Part of why the average score of "The Dark Knight" has steadily dropped from 9.7/10 to, I believe, 9.3/10. This was accompanied by an influx of trolling on the TDK boards, from regulars on the Godfather boards. Bashing the film, bashing the fans, etc. Gloating that they'd ensure "The Dark Knight" wasn't #1 for long.

Evidently, they didn't count on the backlash of the "Dark Knight" fans voting 1/10 for "The Godfather" in retaliation.

Hmmm, mob vs. freaks eh?

Well, I never went and rated the Godfather a 1/10 because that is a bit extreme but I did rate The Dark Knight a 10/10.

I actually don't really care what happens to it on that website because it's just a website and my opinion is the only opinion that matters to me about this movie.

I rated Godfather I & II, and The Dark Knight 10/10, because that is what I feel they deserve. Screw the fanboys(/girls) who just want it at the top of a list...

Also, kinda cool that The Dark Knight is #1 (for the time being), and Batman Begins is #100

I only looked at this for about a day last week, but I saw more Godfather bashing by TDK fans than the other way around. The Godfather board was swarmed with threads calling the Godfather "The Godmother" and a "boring movie for people over 40," and my favorite attacks "a long movie with bad acting and bland direction."

Ah 12-year-olds.

I like TDK, but there are honestly HUNDREDS if not more movies that are better. But I never put much stock in any "Top -insert finite number- Movies" because I think that is very hard to guage. Especially when the top 5 blockbusters of every year somehow make it in the top 100.

Just let the 8-15 year olds at IMDB have their day in the sun and maybe they'll grow up and realize movies were made before 1990.

Keyser Soze said:

Boy, how deliciously moronic! :whatever: This is why IMDB should not be taken seriously by people over 13.

Wow its fans like that that make all fan boys look insane.

Wow. Just...wow.

...Wha ha ha t?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"