Falcon and Winter Soldier Isaiah Bradley

NHawk19

insert witty comment
Reaction score
Here's a link to the 616 character: Isaiah Bradley (Earth-616)

Honestly I was unfamiliar with him prior to this show, but knew that the inclusion of a character in that role with that impact couldn't have been a throw away.

Do you think he'll come up again? (I hope he does) What impact will it make on Sam? Why if he was a super soldier didn't he age like Cap & Bucky?

Here's a link to the 616 character: Isaiah Bradley (Earth-616)

Honestly I was unfamiliar with him prior to this show, but knew that the inclusion of a character in that role with that impact couldn't have been a throw away.

Do you think he'll come up again? (I hope he does) What impact will it make on Sam? Why if he was a super soldier didn't he age like Cap & Bucky?

Cap was on frozen in ice for 70 years, and Bucky was frozen in between Winter Soldier missions. They don't stay forever young because of the serum. Isaiah has lived through the years normally so of course he's aged. But still he has to be somewhere around 100 years old, so the serum keeps him in better than normal condition. Same thing with Cap when he went back in time and lived his life without getting put on ice: he aged normally (for a guy with the serum).

And I definitely think he'll come up again. There'd have been no reason to include him otherwise.

If I had to guess, he'll have one more scene in FATWS, that will serve as a payoff of sorts in terms of giving him some closure/satisfaction. Past that, he won't appear until there's a Young Avengers show/movie/whatever.

As for his age, note that if he was 20 in 1950 ( during the Korean War ), he'd be 90 now. To me at least, he looked like he could pass for someone in their 60s or 70s, which is still pretty spry. . . and that isn't even counting his still very clearly possessing superpowers. I would guess he still has decades of life left in him, and while he's not up for being a superhero anymore, if someone tried to reenact the death of Hollis Mason ( Watchmen )? It would go *much* differently.

Remember when Malcom Spellman said in episode 5 that there will be something that will make people cry? I think it has something to do with Isaiah.

Yeah his story which mirrors Steve's about liberating fellow soldiers and the punishment he received and what it lead to was pretty heartbreaking.

I'm glad he got to talk to Sam though.

I was wondering as well about his age. Say he was 20 in 1950/51 he'd be at least 90 by the events of the series. Not saying he should be decrepit but he def doesn't look over 70. Also 90 with a teenager grandson? Should have said he was his great-grandson.

I was wondering as well about his age. Say he was 20 in 1950/51 he'd be at least 90 by the events of the series. Not saying he should be decrepit but he def doesn't look over 70. Also 90 with a teenager grandson? Should have said he was his great-grandson.

That "teenager" is actually 39. The family has got great genes.

He has the SSS serum or at least a version of it anyway. That's probably slowed down his aging a bit, like in the comics (where he looked like he was still in his 30s/40s).

Any chance Claire Temple is the nurse that helped Isaiah fake his own death?

Any chance Claire Temple is the nurse that helped Isaiah fake his own death?
Unless Claire was old enough to be a nurse in the 80s, I don't think so. The Korean War ended in the 50s and it seems like Isiah was locked up right after (if not during the war). So he would have escaped sometime in the 80s.

Unless Claire was old enough to be a nurse in the 80s, I don't think so. The Korean War ended in the 50s and it seems like Isiah was locked up right after (if not during the war). So he would have escaped sometime in the 80s.

Ah fair enough. I can never keep track of dates.

Jaiden Kaine as Young Isaiah Bradley
MV5BMTU0MjYxNzM1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjEzNDUxNDE@._V1_.jpg

Jaiden Kaine as Young Isaiah Bradley
MV5BMTU0MjYxNzM1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjEzNDUxNDE@._V1_.jpg

Yeah he does actually look like he could be a younger version of Isaiah. Haven't seen his work but I would definitely be up for some of Isaiah's past adventures.

I always wanted there to be some sort of 1960s-1970s-set MCU story about the superheroes that might have existed during that time. It could include Hank and Janet and T'Chaka, and now Isaiah Bradley. Maybe one of the Eternals being cheeky. I figured they could use one of the old-timey team names like The Invaders, and be led by Peggy Carter (though that complicates things now considering the ending of Endgame).

I always wanted there to be some sort of 1960s-1970s-set MCU story about the superheroes that might have existed during that time. It could include Hank and Janet and T'Chaka, and now Isaiah Bradley. Maybe one of the Eternals being cheeky. I figured they could use one of the old-timey team names like The Invaders, and be led by Peggy Carter (though that complicates things now considering the ending of Endgame).
That’s not a bad idea and now I want a movie from that era lol. They can even do it as a Disney+ series to really flesh it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"