• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness: Avengers Three

I like Ed McGuinnes' art and I cannot wait.
Looks fun. Love those three characters, which is why I like Avengers Prime.

Let us know if Loeb surprises you and actually writes something worth reading. :)

04-05-10_1518.jpg

Haha, that is awesome. Probably a different Loeb, but still. Does me proud that it's a Florida bumper, too. :D

This is usually my reaction to anything Loeb related at Marvel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Amazingly, his stories have been the basis of what will soon be two DC animated DTV's, and who knows how many more. He left DC years ago, yet a chunk of their multi-media is still fueled on his influence. Of course, his DC era was back when he was merely "popcorn fluff" and not "unprofessionally terrible", but it's still amazing.

As a Hulk fan, let me just say... Now they are your problem.

As an Avengers fan, let me just say... We've got like 5 other comics we can read instead of this trash. :oldrazz:

Good, nice to see people see these guys for the dead weight they are. It's infuriating after World War Hulk they just hand the character to someone who is (modern) John Byrne level writer, and a cartoonist who can't produce 22 pages on schedule.

Well, Loeb definitely sucks but McGuinness isn't the only artist who has trouble with that these days. It's quickly becoming the norm as opposed to the exception. JR Jr. and Mark Bagley are the only big-name artists I can think of who can still crank out 22 pages reliably every month.

As an Avengers fan, let me just say... We've got like 5 other comics we can read instead of this trash. :oldrazz:

Hahahhaha!!

This is one Avengers book I'll pass on. Loeb will end up having Cap and Sharon making a sex tape.
As far as these three are concerned, they have Avengers Prime, which is taking too long to get each issue. And that little snipet makes it sound similar to this story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"