• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

JH Bought Avengers/Thought Good - February 6, 2013

I loved the ending of New Avengers with Cap, my face was like :awesome:. Plus I loved Beast being part of it, quickly becoming one of my favorite X-Men over Kitty. Avengers was cool with the cosmic stuff and Smasher, Shi'ar stuff makes me smile.

All New X-Men is my favorite comic right now. I make sure I read it last every week it comes out. Just awesome.

I thought about starting Avengers Assemble, but I want to try out some DC stuff too so I might not get to it.

I loved New Avengers #3's ending simply because it showed me that Hickman understands Cap. Cap just wouldn't be part of a "by any means necessary" sort of organization, which is clearly what the Black Panther and Reed want to turn this iteration into. Without Cap's morals holding them back, I'm looking forward to what this Illuminati turns into.

And Avengers Assemble Annual was definitely a great Vision story. It's kind of a variant on the theme of most Vision stories--Vision questioning some aspect of his humanity--but still, it was executed well and did a good job of showing readers the sort of person the Vision is. Now, if only he were actually on any of the half-billion Avengers rosters right now...

Yeah, it's worth the buy :up:

And as far as New Avengers goes.... my big wonder is how Hickman's going to portray Beast. He's been jumping all over Cyclops for years over how he's acted and the things he's done. If Beast goes along with the Illuminati in this then he'd be a big hypocrite.

Yeah, his statement about how, "You're asking what I wouldn't do to save mutantkind?" or whatever took me by surprise. He definitely drew lines in the sand that he'd refuse to cross before; not sure what changed. I guess he justifies the hypocrisy by saying the Illuminati is about saving the whole multiverse, whereas X-Force was just about killing Scott's enemies. Plus, they haven't actually done anything yet. Being prepared to do unsavory things isn't the same as actively doing them, and they could always find another way before it comes to anything too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"