• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Juno

Bought it and watched it for the first time. I was satisfied with it.

Only thing I didn't like about the movie was some of the dialouge, felt like it was trying too hard to be different at times. That and I wish they gave a little more attention to Juno and Bleeker's friendship/relationship.

Just watched the film for the first time. And having seen both No Country and There Will Be Blood, I can honestly say that I enjoyed Juno infinitely more than I enjoyed either of those two films.

This movie was outstanding. The cast was absolutely perfect, and Ellen Page was simply amazing. Kudos to both Jennifer Garner and J.K. Simmons. Some of their best work as actors. The dialogue in the first ten minutes made me want to rip out the lung of a baby otter, but thankfully the film settled into some sense of reality and I instantly fell in love with it.

I really didn't think I would end up enjoying this film as much as I did, but damn. It was just so hard not to love.

9.5/10

Hated this movie. Hated hated hated it.

one of the worst 10 films I've ever seen

This article kinda gets off on the people-we-love-to-hate vibe. I don't hate indie-anything. No laughs here. Then the barbs at people who like this movie "must be pretending" sounds not only heavy handed, but bitter. This isn't comedy, this is a rant. There is a difference.

I gave it a 9/10. I loved it. It was one of the few movies I've bought full price without a moment's hesitation. There are a lot of great action movies, but this is one film that delivers something meaningful on multiple levels. And I actually found out I loved indie music. Some of it, anyway. I didn't give it a ten because there were shortcomings in the film. None that sullied it all, but I knew they were there.

Last edited:
I absolutely hated this movie. How this got an Oscar for an Ex-Stripper's internet lingo oriented script is beyond me.

I thought Juno was good (7/10).

Ellen Page is turning into an excellent actress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"