• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Jurassic Park IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive JP fan here, been one all my life. The original movie is still one of my all-time favorites, in my top three. I enjoy both of the sequels but neither has touched the original to me. Hopefully JP4 will turn out good if it ever gets made.

Cool, I'm the same way. JP is my all time favorite movie, since I had first seen it as a kid. I've seen it many many times. In fact I'm about to watch it in a few minutes. I never get sick of it.

http://www.collider.com/2010/01/13/director-joe-johnston-talks-captain-america-jurassic-park-4/

Fresh off directing the highly-anticipated The Wolfman, Joe Johnston reveals the details of some enormous projects, namely Captain America: The First Avenger and Jurassic Park 4, in an interview with Boxoffice.com. Johnston teases at the idea of a second Jurassic trilogy and gives intriguing but spoiler-free hints into the plot of Captain America.

Speaking about JP4, Johnston takes on a James Cameron-esque tone. He says, “[Jurassic Park 4] going to be unlike anything you’ve seen.” Then he slyly hints at the possibility of a second trilogy when he describes the story as, “essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy.” So, maybe hint is the wrong word. He pretty well implies that there is at least the possiblity of another trilogy.

They continue to talk about Captain America, but it seems he's the only one still interested in Jurassic Park. I've loved the series ever since I was a little kid back in 1993, haha. Thankfully, Universal Studios and the Jurassic Park island is still holding me over right now.. haha!

If anyone finds any new/related articles, let us know! I think Johnston is WAY too involved with Cap right now, so it might take awhile.

I merely liked some parts of the first one. But I couldn't stand those iditic children, they ruined everything. And Goldblum's character also sucked for me. His fake 'I'm such a genius I stutter' thing was annoying and so was his 'I'm such a genius I give hollow eco-speeches.'

And I hated so much the other two movies that I never saw them again.

Now after Johnston's ultra-crappy JP3 and Wolf Man I don't think I need a new trilogy with him directing. (I didn't know he was also directing Captain America, it gives me the willies).

“[Jurassic Park 4] going to be unlike anything you’ve seen.”

Oh haha. If I had a dime for every director who has said those very words.

That's almost a warrantee that we're getting more of the same.

Joe Johnson said:
[Jurassic Park 4] going to be unlike anything you’ve seen.

So it will be unlike Jurassic Park? :cwink:

I doubt it. I think it will be very much like what we have already seen, just in 3D.

I got done just now watching all three JPs in a row for the first time ever, I never saw them in a marathon before until now. Fun times. The original still holds up as the best of the bunch for me and one of my favorite films in general, but The Lost World I have to say has held up far better than I remember it. JP3 is decent, but feels very rushed and incomplete. No way can that movie be the series finale, we need a fourth one to end the entire saga on a good note.

I need to watch LW and JPIII again.. it's been awhile. I just watched Jurassic Park and it's upheld perfectly..

If they do JP4, I would like to see some underwater dinosaurs and make the t-rex badass again like in the first two movies.

Count me in among many fans who've longed for a T-Rex and Spinosaurus rematch in JP4, with the T-Rex winning.

Haha. That, and decent actors again. Sam Neill alongside some decent people please? Malcolm and Satler along with him. PLEASE! Haha.

Grant, Malcolm and Sattler back in the same movie would be a dream. I hope it happens. Those three were so awesome together in the first movie.

Seriously, Punisher. You can't create that kind of chemistry. I hope to see it as well.

Count me in among many fans who've longed for a T-Rex and Spinosaurus rematch in JP4, with the T-Rex winning.
I want this as well. Honestly I want some explaination on the Spino and a few other dinosaurs in the third film. Mostly because whther or not it's a big island, a dinosaur that big should have been crossed in the second film (I mean yeah, the third film came later of course, but that opens a plot hole in my book). I know InGen supposedly didn't list it, but if the islands systems had been abandoned, I don't see the Spino as having been caged longer than the other dinosaurs, let alone surviving that long still captive if that was the case.

You know what I've wondered about the Spinosaurus, what if it wasn't a creation of InGen's but BioSyn's, instead? BioSyn wanted Nedry to smuggle the embryos from Isla Nublar in the first film to create their own dinosaurs, and I'm thinking perhaps some rogue InGen scientists began to work for BioSyn and helped them to create their own dinosaurs, the Spinosaurus being among them.

The fascinating thing about this series is that the second movie, The Lost World, is a dark reflection of the first one. Watch them back to back, they are more or less the same movie, but with vastly opposite tones. JP is full of colour and humour and adventure and daytime, The Lost World is almost exclusively black, pessimistic and forboding and night time. JP has a positive message and ultimately marvels at the majesty of nature. TLW is a complete condemnation of capitalism and suggests no fate is no horrible for the weathy and moral-free stuffed shirts.

The difference is, Spielberg made Schindler's List inbetween. And it completely changed his world view.

The Lost World did have some humor to it. I found myself chuckling as much as I did with the first film. Although you are right about their themes. But the end of TLW did suggest that there was optimism of the dinosaurs living on in peace. The theme about business and capitalism is correct, which means it should stay out of the park and let life find a way.

But anyway, I read the description of original story of JP3. It was so much better than what we got.

T-rex should be the dominate dino in JP not the spinosauras. Also if joe johnston is doing JP 4 I hope he doesn't get the idea in his head to take down the raptors next. If there should be a T-rex vs. Spinosaurus rematch and the T-rex wins wouldn't that lead to the question: how come he didn't win in the first place?

I don't know how they'd incorporate it but I like to see some ice-age dinosaurs.

The fascinating thing about this series is that the second movie, The Lost World, is a dark reflection of the first one. Watch them back to back, they are more or less the same movie, but with vastly opposite tones. JP is full of colour and humour and adventure and daytime, The Lost World is almost exclusively black, pessimistic and forboding and night time. JP has a positive message and ultimately marvels at the majesty of nature. TLW is a complete condemnation of capitalism and suggests no fate is no horrible for the weathy and moral-free stuffed shirts.

The difference is, Spielberg made Schindler's List inbetween. And it completely changed his world view.

VERY nice observation! Very interesting!

The Lost World did have some humor to it. I found myself chuckling as much as I did with the first film. Although you are right about their themes. But the end of TLW did suggest that there was optimism of the dinosaurs living on in peace. The theme about business and capitalism is correct, which means it should stay out of the park and let life find a way.

But anyway, I read the description of original story of JP3. It was so much better than what we got.

What was the original story? o_O; And where did you find it?

And for how.. lacking.. JPIII was, I still remember the feeling I got once I seen the teaser trailer during the Super Bowl that year, haha! Anyone else?

VERY nice observation! Very interesting!

What was the original story? o_O; And where did you find it?

This:

Wikipedia said:
The third film was greenlit in August 1999 and was based on a story by Steven Spielberg, featuring Alan Grant after having lived in a tree on one of the islands and studied the dinosaur population for eight years. Johnston never had any concrete concept for the third installment, other than stating the film would be "more stand-alone" and feature a lot of flying reptiles.[4]

New writers were brought in to scribe a story involving Pteranodon escaping from Site B and causing a rash of mysterious killings on the mainland, which was to be investigated by Alan Grant and a number of other characters including wealthy Paul Roby and his teenage son Miles, Paul's love interest, Billy Brennan, a naturalist named Simone, and a tough Military Attache. Grant's group was to track the Pterosaurs back to Site B and crash on the island, while a parallel investigation was carried out on the mainland. Supposedly, the aviary sequence and laboratory set piece were much longer and more complex, including raptors stealthily entering the hatchery while the team spent the night. Sets, costumes, and props were built for this version, before Johnston threw out the completed script five weeks before filming in order to pursue the "rescue mission" plot, which was suggested by David Koepp.[3] Also during the pre-production phase, concept artists created advertising for the film using a number of working titles including Jurassic Park: Extinction and Jurassic Park: Breakout.[5]

I know! I generally like Koepp but I wouldn't have listened to him.

I noticed that myself, back in the day. Though I do think Malcolm, more traumatized and serious though he was, had plenty of funny lines in this film. Namely "How many Sarahs do you think are on this island?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"