• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Katzenberg Planning 3rd Madagascar, 2nd Kung Fu Panda

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Source: The Hollywood Reporter August 14, 2008

DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg expects at least one additional "Madagascar" sequel after Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa and said that the studio, as was previously rumored, has also begun talks aimed at creating a sequel to its summer hit Kung Fu Panda.

Katzenberg said "Escape 2 Africa" is the "second chapter in one story," adding that "there is at least one more chapter. We ultimately want to see the characters make it back to New York."

An announcement about a Kung Fu Panda sequel could come within two months.

"We've started conversations about it, and I think in the next 30 or 60 days, we'll be able to talk completely about that," Katzenberg said.

Kung Fu Panda has earned $560 million worldwide. In 2005, Madagascar took in $530 million globally.

No surprise, he's going to do a Shrek 4 and Shrek 3 was awful. So the decent ones would undoubtedly get sequels

I some how got a sequel vibe from Kung Fu Panda.

Definitely up for a sequel to both. I loved Madagascar and I can't wait for the second one.

I take this thread as the Madagascar 3 thread since there is one for Kung Fu Panda 2 already.

Francis McDormand joins Madagascar 3

She will voice the film's main villain.

The new story sees the animals reunite to try to find their way home by joining a traveling circus.
A host of new characters will be introduced, expanding the ethnic flavor of the group. Among the new additions are an Italian sea lion, a Russian tiger and a Latina jaguar.
McDormand will voice a calculating and goal-oriented animal control officer who leads her team to capture the animals.

Last edited:
Something has to go wrong for the animals, cause in the last one they all seemed relatively happy with living in Africa. But I guess they gotta shoehorn in the penguins getting back to the zoo since we never know if they made it back at the end of the 2nd film. My daughter loves these, so I am sure I will be seeing this one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"