Keanu Reeves to Star in "Jekyll and Hyde."

Wonder if he will be turned into a large creature like the Jekyll and Hyde in LXG & Vanhelsing or just a simple prosthetic make-up?
I think they should follow the book. In the book Hyde isn't a giant size creature...he is actually small. Smaller than Dr.Jekyl at least.

I dont like that keanu is in this

People need to stop whining about Keanu and actually watch his films like Devil's Advocate, The Gift(The one film where he scared the **** out of me), Hardball, and Sweet November are proof the man can act.

If he channels his "Gift" performance into Hyde? You're talking about something scary, raw, and brutal.

Disclaimer: There is a bit of somewhat graphic language in his performance.

[YT]n1uflumx5Zk[/YT]

He played a really good killer in the Watcher. So I have faith in him. With that said.

Jekyll: Whoa!
Hyde: Unwhoa!

People need to stop whining about Keanu and actually watch his films like Devil's Advocate, The Gift(The one film where he scared the **** out of me), Hardball, and Sweet November are proof the man can act.

If he channels his "Gift" performance into Hyde? You're talking about something scary, raw, and brutal.

Disclaimer: There is a bit of somewhat graphic language in his performance.

We know he can act, just like we know Nicholas Cage can act and even won an Academy Award...

.......but still.

:o

To give Keanu and his British accent some credit...atleast he's not Kevin Costner. :o

(after transforming to Hyde for the first time)

"Whoa."

I'm like... me, but, like, not...

Having played this role onstage, this is exciting news, and I am very much looking forward to this, as well as Del Toro's project. If David Hasselhoff can pull this off, I'm sure Reeves will have little trouble. It amuses me how many people seem to think Jekyll and Hyde is akin to the Bugs Bunny version. I'm going to laugh my ass off when Keanu garners rave reviews for portraying the duality of this character without much makeup, etc. The entire point of the character is that it's the dark side of a good man. I think he's entirely capable of such a performance.

Is Keanu going to play an Englishman in this?

Having played this role onstage, this is exciting news, and I am very much looking forward to this, as well as Del Toro's project. If David Hasselhoff can pull this off, I'm sure Reeves will have little trouble. It amuses me how many people seem to think Jekyll and Hyde is akin to the Bugs Bunny version. I'm going to laugh my ass off when Keanu garners rave reviews for portraying the duality of this character without much makeup, etc. The entire point of the character is that it's the dark side of a good man. I think he's entirely capable of such a performance.
Yeah, I really enjoy "over the top Hyde" like in LXG or even Van Helsing :-)o), but I think the most spectacular incarnations of the character are when it relies more on the actor's skills to show us, like you say, Jeckyll's dark side.

With minimal (James Nesbit, incredible in the BBC series, like watching two different actors, even though he has very little prosthetics on)to no make-up at all (John Barrymore). That's what they tried to do also with Malkovitch in Mary Reilly but I don't think they really pulled it off that time, mostly due to a mediocre script imo.

Also whatever happened to Mamet's Jeckyll and Hyde with Pacino in the lead role ? I would have loved to see their version("Say hello to my little fiend !":woot:), but now Pacino is probably too old for the part anyway.

I'd love to see Jeckyll and Hyde portrayed by Daniel Day Lewis, RDJ, Viggo or Joaquim Phoenix (if he comes back to acting) some day.

At least this one is not directed by Gullermo del Toro.

EXCELLENT!!!

billandted460.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"