Kenichi has finally been licensed

TheVileOne

Eternal
Reaction score
By Funimation Entertainment:

http://funimation.com/kenichi/

To be released in January of 2009. Funimation needs to get this series on Cartoon Network. It would be a good fit on Toonami along with Naruto and One Piece. Naruto is the perfect gateway anime for Kenichi.

Unfortunately they changed the title from History's Strongest Disciple to The World's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi. Like the Japanese one better :p .

Christopher Sabbat as Sakaki is the most easy to determine casting.

Well, I'm glad it's not 4Kids that has it, but I heard they only have the first 25 episodes. But yeah, this would be a great series to put on Cartoon Network. This is probably one of the most underrated animes of the 2006/2007 season. This anime has its flaws, but still very excellent.

Aw... Now that it's licensed free-sub groups are crying... -.-

Personally i think any and all US companies dick the translation/voices.

I don't even want to hear the english appa!

I think i'm going to start crying now too. :[

There are very little good dubbed anime.

Then don't watch it dubbed and if you want the DVD's just keep them on Japanese/English subtitles.

Free-sub groups have nothing to complain about really. I mean the series finished a long time ago. So its not like its a new show that's still going. Also this is what happens. Shows get licensed to be released here. And basically what they are doing in the first place is already illegal, so there you go.

Isn't the purpose of these sub groups supposed to be that they want to get the show licensed?

Not really. Sub groups really do all their work without approval.

They say that you shouldn't buy or pay for them. Some even more responsible ones will take them down when a show gets licensed or starts getting released on DVD. It's basically a sort of underground thing. They are technically illegal, but they will never go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"