• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Leaking movie scripts: does it Help?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Movie scripts being leaked happens, and for the most part it pisses the studio off when it does. But from our point of view, and even the studio's, when a leaked script is presented to us, either a previous draft given us just the idea of the movie, or the final draft, our thoughts help the studio in making the right choices of action, and thus a better movie in the end. For example: the script to Batman Begins was leaked when the movie was still filming, and Nolan as well as WB were scraed. But the fact that it got high praise meant that the filmmakers were on the right course and thus we got a very good movie. Another example is JJ Abrams' Superman script, and the bashing of that made sure we never got that movie.

So does leaking scripts work out in the end, or doesn't it?

At first I thought about it, but this thread is simple discussion. No polls period.

I don't think they add much from the internetsss.. Except for the don't you know who I am? line

As long as they leak only extends to the movie news sites and not the general public.

Can you imagine being a writer and seeing your script being butchered in the IMDb forums..?

I stayed away from all Batman Begins spoilers, wasn't even aware the script got leaked.

I'm sure it frightens the studios, but at the same time, it's a chance to hear what fans think, so they can go back and tweak a few things. Well, that's how I see it anyway.

I don't see it as that big of a deal.

I read The Happening's script when it was called The Green Effect and it sucked no matter what. His latest movies, like Lady in The Water or The Village, would be better books IMO.
I read most of Wolverine's and I am reading X-4's dumped script now.

I read a few others but they are mostly ones that got thrown out or rewritten.

They didn't spoil much for me bc scenes are redone and changed. Some character names change and the dialogue always changes. I try not to read any scripts with big twists so I don't ruin it for myself.

I don't see it as that big of a deal.

I read The Happening's script when it was called The Green Effect and it sucked no matter what. His latest movies, like Lady in The Water or The Village, would be better books IMO.
I read most of Wolverine's and I am reading X-4's dumped script now.

I read a few others but they are mostly ones that got thrown out or rewritten.

They didn't spoil much for me bc scenes are redone and changed. Some character names change and the dialogue always changes. I try not to read any scripts with big twists so I don't ruin it for myself.

There was a script for X-4? :huh:

I thought it wasn't real?

I stayed away from all Batman Begins spoilers, wasn't even aware the script got leaked.

I'm sure it frightens the studios, but at the same time, it's a chance to hear what fans think, so they can go back and tweak a few things. Well, that's how I see it anyway.
No one cares what fans think. They are not film makers and are not aware of how to make a story or film or what contents should be in the script. Even 'fans' aren't aware of what they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"