Let The Great World Spin

Gabe99

Sidekick
Reaction score
From Herald.ie:
Lost's JJ Abrams set to film next hit here
Lost creator JJ Abrams will soon be filming in Ireland, the Diary has learned.

The director has commissioned the rights to the hit novel Let The Great World Spin by Irish writer Colum McCann and has named Ireland as one of his locations for the film with a 2012 release date.

With a string of blockbuster hits under his belt, including Mission Impossible 3 and Star Trek, his latest film acquisition is expected to be another box-office success.

Abrams explained: "I'm working now with Colum McCann, one of the greatest writers alive, and I'm honoured to be collaborating with him on an adaptation on Let The Great World Spin, some of which takes place in Ireland -- so I don't know how much better you can get than that," he said.

One of the main characters in the book, Ciaran, hails from Dublin, fuelling speculation that the film adaptation will also choose the capital city as the setting.

But a representative for the Irish Film Board could not confirm any shooting locations or dates, because the film is still "in development".

And Abrams hasn't been shy about his affinity for all things Irish. The film aficionado visited Ireland last year with his family and said that he can't wait to come back again with his wife, Katie, for another holiday.

"We did go and visit Ireland last year and it was just a spectacular trip," he said.

So is he directing or producing ?
And i assume if he's directing that this will come out AFTER Star Trek 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"