• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Iron Fist Lewis Tan IS Zhou Cheng

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
This hasn't been officially announced - may be today at NYCC - but he's been posting about it the last few days and it was on his IMDb page a while back.

Twitter

Anyone wonder if they'll do the effects for his two heads?

He talks about the role in this interview:

[YT]RxuT77-3o6s[/YT]

Surprised he had his native Manchurian accent in the show.

Yeah. I thought that was weird. Couldn't place his accent in the show so I looked him up and saw he was from Manchester. Wasn't sure if the accent in the show was put on, but he doesn't seem to have a British accent whilst speaking naturally. Maybe he lost it or trained to speak more clearly. Manchurian accent probably isn't a big selling point for an actor. lol

Yeah. I thought that was weird. Couldn't place his accent in the show so I looked him up and saw he was from Manchester. Wasn't sure if the accent in the show was put on, but he doesn't seem to have a British accent whilst speaking naturally. Maybe he lost it or trained to speak more clearly. Manchurian accent probably isn't a big selling point for an actor. lol

Born in the UK. Raised in the US. I'm from the UK, I have Manc friends, the accent was a bit cringy. I don't get the motivation for using it.

Was really looking forward to seeing Lewis Tan in this. I like what I saw, but I was disappointed it was just for one episode.

The whole China trip felt a bit pointless tbh. Especially considering it was clearly set in a dockyard in New York somewhere.

He's not dead right? I'd love to see him against Shang Chi?

I really liked him in the Episode. If we get a Season 2, I hope he'll come back. He'd be pretty much the only thing I am looking forward to in Season 2.

He was the most memorable thing about the season for me.

Can someone tell me what he did? I remember seeing his face in one of the episodes, but I watched the first ten episodes in a day, i don't remember his role.

Pretty sure he was the drunk kung fu badass.

Can someone tell me what he did? I remember seeing his face in one of the episodes, but I watched the first ten episodes in a day, i don't remember his role.

He appeared in Episode 8 and he guarded a door. That's it. But it's his personality that made him stand out. I found him really charming and fun, plus he was a drunken fighter. Even though the fight itself wasn't all that great, like pretty much the rest of the show, he was fun to watch.

Oh yeah now I remember! Thanks! He was fierce!

His fight scene was better than the lame tournament episode.

Benedict Wong who plays Wong in Doctor Strange is also from the Greater Manchester area and I don't think I've ever heard him speak in his own accent in anything. Even in British movies and Tv shows Wong does a different regional British accent. I saw him give an interview in his own accent and was surprised how strong it was.

Yeah. I just looked up an interview with the guy. It does look like the Brits are invading Hollywood, but in secret as they're not using their accents on film lol. That's why I appreciated Zhou Cheng's and Davos' accents in the show (even if Cheng's was a bit off). It's a nice change from the standard American you normally see.

Can't believe they only used him for one episode. He would have been great as Davos or Bukato. I hope they bring him back, and give him more screen time.

It's been said in other threads but Tan's scene felt like it was from a completely different show - a better show. A light and breezy kung fu flick which didn't take itself too seriously.

Indeed. The guy was one of the better parts of the show. Hopefully if they ever do use the Chi-Lin, they bring Tan back to be his right hand man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"