• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Looking for free Blu Ray Player for WINDOWS 8

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
I've had Aurora for a while, and sometimes it would do it, but now it feels like it's gonna be not able to play blu rays, newer ones it seems. While I get some info from support, I want to know where I can get a better blu ray player online for my computer.

I heard about Blu Ray PRO, and I have never gotten my VLC to play them.

Guys please, any ideas?

Blu-ray support on freeware/open-source software is pretty much nonexistent due to Blu-ray discs' DRM. For the rare ones that can play BR discs, the menu navigation is not really supported and you won't be able to navigate through chapters, audio/subtitles menu, etc.

Commercial software like PowerDVD are your best bet for full support but unfortunately they're quite expensive.

Like for DVDs, we will have to wait for some time before free/open-source software like MPC-HC and VLC will natively support Blu-ray playback on a computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"