• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Louis! Gale! The Incredible Hulk Promotion Thread!

ArtTeacher

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello, all.

For months we've discussed cgi. And marketing. And cgi. And toys. Did I mention cgi?

What I want to know is, what have you done in the way of promoting the movie?
I don't mean you've tacked signs to trees or covered up The Dark Knight posters with green paint.
I know some have added sections to your websites. And others have casually
led conversations at the office to upcoming summer movies.

What have you done? Handed out free comics? E-mailed
links to the trailer to friends? Painted your cat green?

I'll start: I teach Kindergarten and first grade art. Some of you may remember
my Hulk-themed classroom...here is how my art room looks currently:

roomsmallac0.jpg

I've recently added some green:

beforeafterro2.jpg

Yes, that's right, I've got a six-foot tall She-Hulk in my room.
She used to be Wonder Woman, but I added a bit of paint and voila!

shulkiesmallgs4.jpg

You know, the only thing those three are missing is one of the giant Hulk statues from the movie theaters!

Gosh, I don't know about you, but I'm thinking that one of the extras on
The Incredible Hulk DVD that comes out this fall should be an interview
with The Incredible Art Teacher inside his art room.

*AHEM*

I SAID, "I'm thinking that one of the extras on The Incredible Hulk DVD
that comes out this fall should be an interview with The Incredible Art Teacher
inside his art room."

*AHEM*

Marvel, I can clear my throat all day.
I'll just keep clearing my throat until someone from Universal calls.

*A-H-E-M*

(grabs a Luden's cough drop)
:)

In addition, I've created a web site. (For more shots of the room--and more shameless begging--click HERE!)

So, I've transformed my room into Hulk Heaven and created a web site.
Anybody else put a Hulk toy in their cubicle or leave a magazine open to a Hulk article?

Let's share our stories and actually enjoy the ride to June 13th instead of being at each other's throats.

I've kept friends updated on Myspace, drawn pictures and people have seen them at school, talked about it with friends, and I created a fan group on Myspace.

Thanks, Ahura!

And webhead--drawing pictures! *smacks self in forehead* Of course! Duh! Yeah, I've found myself drawing the Hulk more lately (well, at least more than usual! :D)

And a lot of my eBay auctions have promoted the movie, too.

What'd that Silver Surfer cost you? I tried to get from the only theater around here that had one and I was told, "It's already spoken for."

I'm dragging at least 5 of my non-savvy friends to the cinemas when I go see this pic.

Hang on, let me see what I can do :D

What'd that Silver Surfer cost you? I tried to get from the only theater around here that had one and I was told, "It's already spoken for."

I just kept bugging one of the theater managers.
wink.gif

Originally, 20th Century Fox said they were going to collect them after FF2 left the theaters, so no dice for me. But after the first weekend, Fox sent out an e-mail that said the theaters could do whatever they wanted with them. Some theaters auctioned them off. Others were claimed by theater workers. I was very blessed to have the manager I spoke with just give it to me as a gift.

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have to tell you, it is just breathtaking in person. It's a life-size replica (his surfboard is 9 feet long!).

Now, if I could just manage to get one of those giant Hulk statues from a theater......!

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/3421156953_full0197329.jpg

misslorree01lm4.jpg

That classroom is AWESOME, wish I was 5 and was in your class. If you get your hands on one of those statues then you are the man. The silver surfer is great too, although to be honest spiderman is striking a camp pose.
On the promotional front I keep mentioning this film at work or to anyone that calls me, its like this hidden agenda. For example I would speak to someone who I have'nt spoken to for years and somwhere in the conversation I will weave the Hulk in.

ArtTeacher, your classroom is fantastic and I wish I can send my kid there someday heh. :)

That classroom is AWESOME, wish I was 5 and was in your class. If you get your hands on one of those statues then you are the man. The silver surfer is great too, although to be honest spiderman is striking a camp pose.
On the promotional front I keep mentioning this film at work or to anyone that calls me, its like this hidden agenda. For example I would speak to someone who I have'nt spoken to for years and somwhere in the conversation I will weave the Hulk in.

I'm spreading the word at work too. I work in IT and I have a truly amazing amount of down time at work. I often get on the walkie and say something similar to:

Hoblin: "Ernie [or Natalie or Mary or random employee] what's your location?"

Fellow Employee: "I'm in the front lobby."

Hoblin: "Can you come to the IT office please?"

Fellow Employee: "10-4. Be right there."

Then I show them a trailer or the clip with Hulk fighting the Abomination. I'm awesome.

Thanks, Ahura!

And webhead--drawing pictures! *smacks self in forehead* Of course! Duh! Yeah, I've found myself drawing the Hulk more lately (well, at least more than usual! :D)

And a lot of my eBay auctions have promoted the movie, too.
i've done a few wallpapers in the art thread, ive bought some erch and posted it here.. i had a question art teacher.. has anything ever gone missing in that class? lol if so howd u deal with it? also has any of your students ever asked u to sell anything?

I just kept bugging one of the theater managers.
wink.gif

Originally, 20th Century Fox said they were going to collect them after FF2 left the theaters, so no dice for me. But after the first weekend, Fox sent out an e-mail that said the theaters could do whatever they wanted with them. Some theaters auctioned them off. Others were claimed by theater workers. I was very blessed to have the manager I spoke with just give it to me as a gift.

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have to tell you, it is just breathtaking in person. It's a life-size replica (his surfboard is 9 feet long!).

Now, if I could just manage to get one of those giant Hulk statues from a theater......!

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/3421156953_full0197329.jpg

misslorree01lm4.jpg

You got it for free?! Oh man, I would love one of those. They looked so cool in the theater.

I'm a big Surfer fan. His first appearance is the most expensive comic I own...by far. The second most expensive is probably the first appearance of Gambit. Pffff - Gambit. Sadly I don't have the first appearance of Hulk...yet.

PS. I had to look at that picture for quite a while before I realized there was a Hulk statue in it.

Hello, all.

For months we've discussed cgi. And marketing. And cgi. And toys. Did I mention cgi?

What I want to know is, what have you done in the way of promoting the movie?
I don't mean you've tacked signs to trees or covered up The Dark Knight posters with green paint.
I know some have added sections to your websites. And others have casually
led conversations at the office to upcoming summer movies.

What have you done? Handed out free comics? E-mailed
links to the trailer to friends? Painted your cat green?

I'll start: I teach Kindergarten and first grade art. Some of you may remember
my Hulk-themed classroom...here is how my art room looks currently:

roomsmallac0.jpg

I've recently added some green:

beforeafterro2.jpg

Yes, that's right, I've got a six-foot tall She-Hulk in my room.
She used to be Wonder Woman, but I added a bit of paint and voila!

shulkiesmallgs4.jpg

You know, the only thing those three are missing is one of the giant Hulk statues from the movie theaters!

Gosh, I don't know about you, but I'm thinking that one of the extras on
The Incredible Hulk DVD that comes out this fall should be an interview
with The Incredible Art Teacher inside his art room.

*AHEM*

I SAID, "I'm thinking that one of the extras on The Incredible Hulk DVD
that comes out this fall should be an interview with The Incredible Art Teacher
inside his art room."

*AHEM*

Marvel, I can clear my throat all day.
I'll just keep clearing my throat until someone from Universal calls.

*A-H-E-M*

(grabs a Luden's cough drop)
:)

In addition, I've created a web site. (For more shots of the room--and more shameless begging--click HERE!)

So, I've transformed my room into Hulk Heaven and created a web site.
Anybody else put a Hulk toy in their cubicle or leave a magazine open to a Hulk article?

Let's share our stories and actually enjoy the ride to June 13th instead of being at each other's throats.

Awesome stuff man. That She-Hulk rules. I've mailed links to the trailers to all my friends who AREN'T particularly comic fans.

Response has been good so far. :word:

After seeing it on monday I'll tell people if I like it...thats the best I can do.

I've said it before but that's THE greatest classroom on the planet. Nice Job!

As for Hulk promotion, I'm gauging and visiting general movie forums trying to help the buzz. Rotten Tomatoes General Movie Forum being chief among them because that site gets loads of traffic.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?p=13349875#post13349875

I'm in charge of supplying gifts for kids that attend a local football camp in a couple of weeks. The better gifts will have a heavy Hulk influence. Hulk T-shirts with a free ticket coupon to the movie will be handed out thanks to me. Plus at least one set of Hulk fists.

I've had a large Hulk magnet on the back of my car for a while now. I'm careful not to cut anyone off in traffic because I want happy Hulk thoughts. Also, wearing a Hulk hat around town. (Hell, it works for Nike and Tiger Woods)

Sunday I'll deliver any Hulk magazine stuff I'm done with to a local waiting room for others to read as well as free Hulk/Iron Man comics I picked up at my local comic shop.

Friends and family mega movie party planned on Friday has been in the works since Iron Man.

Lol, Y21 should be getting paid by Marvel.

ArtTeacher, all that swag is amazing, but I don't know how you can control a class with all those toys in there. Or without them getting messed up.

ArtTeacher, <snip> I don't know how you can control a class with all those toys in there. Or without them getting messed up.

Because he tells all the kids that messing with his stuff would make him angry, and they wouldn't like him when he's angry!!":woot:

I've said it before but that's THE greatest classroom on the planet. Nice Job!

As for Hulk promotion, I'm gauging and visiting general movie forums trying to help the buzz. Rotten Tomatoes General Movie Forum being chief among them because that site gets loads of traffic.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?p=13349875#post13349875

I'm in charge of supplying gifts for kids that attend a local football camp in a couple of weeks. The better gifts will have a heavy Hulk influence. Hulk T-shirts with a free ticket coupon to the movie will be handed out thanks to me. Plus at least one set of Hulk fists.

I've had a large Hulk magnet on the back of my car for a while now. I'm careful not to cut anyone off in traffic because I want happy Hulk thoughts. Also, wearing a Hulk hat around town. (Hell, it works for Nike and Tiger Woods)

Sunday I'll deliver any Hulk magazine stuff I'm done with to a local waiting room for others to read as well as free Hulk/Iron Man comics I picked up at my local comic shop.

Friends and family mega movie party planned on Friday has been in the works since Iron Man.

I like your style! You are doing good work my friend. You have inspired me to at least wear my Hulk cap and T-shirt out this weekend. I spoke to a local movie critic on his TV show when the '03 movie came out. He gave me a Hulk prize pack with the shirt, cap, buttons, poster, and a set of Hulk Hands. I gave the hands to a co-worker's little boy, but I still have the cap and shirt and have never worn them out. Time to do some promoting.

edit: and I realise it was from the '03 film, but all it says is Hulk, and to the general public, it simply plants that word in their mind.

ArtTeacher, all that swag is amazing, but I don't know how you can control a class with all those toys in there. Or without them getting messed up.

That's what I've been trying to figure out.

Thank you all for your very kind words! I really appreciate it!

A lot of people ask how I keep my students from touching the toys all day.
I just tell the kids, “If you touch my dolls I will kill Santa Claus.”
(I’m just kidding, of course; I would never say that to a child…
...they’re not “dolls”; they’re action figures. Duh.)

:woot:

...so...uh...is anyone going to...uh...you know...dress up...for opening night...?

Hulkspidey2.jpg

...so...uh...is anyone going to...uh...you know...dress up...for opening night...?

Hulkspidey2.jpg

^ That guy is frickin' SCARY! (Looks a lot like Teen Hulk.) I've got a cool Hulk t-shirt I'll be wearing, but I'm not up cosplaying at uber-fan obsession levels anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"