Lukes ROTJ Lightsaber.

The Dark Hero

Warrior
Reaction score
I recently received a master replica of Luke's lightsaber. I was thrilled and got in the mood to watch Rotj. As such I realized something he at no point in the film has bronze on it. Its black and where the replica has bronze. What a major mistake. How did they miss that.

I recently received a master replica of Luke's lightsaber. I was thrilled and got in the mood to watch Rotj. As such I realized something he at no point in the film has bronze on it. Its black and where the replica has bronze. What a major mistake. How did they miss that.

I'm getting way too deep into my inner nerd but they used an Obi-Wan Kenobi prop in the film. Hence why there's no bronze.

I believe there were two different versions of his lightsaber that made it into the movie: the hero saber for close up shots and the stunt saber for action scenes.

Hero:

sw_prod_elite_sw127_v2.jpg

jedsab3.jpg

Stunt:

VACATION2007452.jpg

lukeje10.jpg

Congrats on the awesome saber, it's been on my wish list for years.

I want to get one of those fan made one's where the blade lights up perfectly and fluctuates, as well as having movie accurate sound effects. Problem is they're like a thousand dollars or something. Oh well.

You can see where the bronze and metallic paint has worn off the stunt saber do to excessive wear and tear during production and over the years following production.

Regarding Luke's ROTJ saber, isn't it just pure sex? I love that saber and Obi-wan's ROTS/ANH saber.

Yeah it's nice but Obi's is by far the best looking.

Luke's RotJ and Ben's ANH sabers are my favorites as well. I really love the weathered look on them.

You can see where the bronze and metallic paint has worn off the stunt saber do to excessive wear and tear during production and over the years following production.

Regarding Luke's ROTJ saber, isn't it just pure sex? I love that saber and Obi-wan's ROTS/ANH saber.

Absolutely my favourite. Not just in terms of the hilt, but the blad and sound FX, which were different to the others. :up:

Luke's RotJ and Ben's ANH sabers are my favorites as well. I really love the weathered look on them.
Ugh, that weathered ANH Ben lightsaber was the one that got away from me. It still hurts to this day :csad:. I bought the ROTS one just to compensate a bit lol.

They're soooo expensive now! I had Luke's ANH saber but I sold it when I got married. I looked to pick it up again a little while ago and the price had at least doubled for it. :csad:

Yeah, that's why i gave up on the Ben ANH weathered one a few years ago. Unless i win the lotto, it's just out of my reach :csad:

I just had a thought.

Obi-Wan Kenobi needed another lightsaber after his duel with Maul. He keeps Qui-Gon's lightsaber with him. He eventually moves to Tatooine to watch over Luke.

Luke eventually goes back to Obi-Wan's home to build a new lightsaber. Is at least Qui-Gon's crystal inside Luke's lightsaber?

Last edited:
That's certainly a way of looking at it, but I'd rather the ROTJ saber be 100% entirely Luke's.

I just had a thought.

Obi-Wan Kenobi needed another lightsaber after his duel with Maul. He keeps Qui-Gon's lightsaber with him. He eventually moves to Tatooine to watch over Luke.

Luke eventually goes back to Obi-Wan's home to build a new lightsaber. Is at least Qui-Gon's crystal inside Luke's lightsaber?

Never thought about that. Thanks for sharing that!:) Until stated otherwise by the new canon from now on I'm gonna assume that the crystal was Qui-gons. And that would be really nice if Obi-wan kept his master's saber crystal as a keepsake.

I could have sworn that whole scenario of Luke using Qui-Gon's crystal was already part of the now wiped out EU? I definitely remember reading something about it somewhere... Wookiepedia, maybe. Hell, there was even that Obi-Wan statue a few years ago that came with interchangeable McGregor/young Guiness heads, and at his waist he had his own lightsaber as well as Anakin's and Qui-Gon's.

The idea of the Qui-Gon crystal goes directly against the idea of Luke constructing his own lightsaber and thus finishing his training.

Well, Luke was also too old to train as it was.

I think it's an interesting thought, it's either Obi-Wan had a significant supply of lightsaber parts or a few pieces and Qui-Gon's lightsaber. The stickler is a lightsaber crystal which has been established in the Clone Wars as being valuable and rare, how many of those would Obi-Wan realistically have?

Well, Luke was also too old to train as it was.

I think it's an interesting thought, it's either Obi-Wan had a significant supply of lightsaber parts or a few pieces and Qui-Gon's lightsaber. The stickler is a lightsaber crystal which has been established in the Clone Wars as being valuable and rare, how many of those would Obi-Wan realistically have?
Have you watched Rebels? If not, lightsaber crystals can be found in other ways then what was shown on the Clone Wars. My money is on how Luke constructs his lightsaber and how he obtains his crystal being something they explore in the new canon.

My favorite saber, I even have my own copy of the fx Lightsaber from ROTJ!

Maybe I have a blank spot in my memory, but does Obi-wan's lightsaber ever make another appearance after he dies on the Death Star? I'm assuming Vader just puts it on a shelf or something.

Obi-Wan's lighsaber isn't seen after he dies, no. In the old, now defunct EU, Vader kept it in one of his castles on some planet, and it was eventually recovered and given to one of the heroes kids (Ben Skywalker or Anakin Solo, can't remember).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"