• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Mafia III

NICE! I just started playing it earlier I am at the part where you go to the Haitians hide out in the bayou it starts off easy, but as more and more bad guys show up on the map it gets harder and hard to take them out without alerting them or dying.

So gonna hang up this poster when I get the chance

The game is great. The cutscenes and acting are very good. Lincoln is a great main character. I like the gameplay but driving could be better. I use simulation mode but I think it felt a little bit better in Mafia II. Also I would like if the game was even more story driven like the previous games. Every chapter felt different in Mafia II. If you like GTA and The Godfather games I think you will like this one. Graphics look mostly great but there are some ugly moments. The game has crashed once and one cutscene played twice for some reason. There are some glitches and the fps could be more stable. I play on PS4.

Last edited:
For those on X1, be careful of what screen shots or videos you take of this game. MS could end up punishing your account. My account got flagged for some screen shots and videos I took and I just got off the phone after an hour of berating every employee that happened to be on the other end of the call. I basically asked them how in the hell can they flag a screen shot or video from a game they OPENLY ADVERTISE and push on their consumers. Crazy stuff

Picked up the game recently for PS4, having played both the original and sequel on PS3, enjoying it, but the layout for menu's and what you have to do is quite confusing (for me at least), plus can anyone let me know how you allocate districts to the four individual gang leaders (for those who are up to that point, I've just had the round table 'chat' where everyone agrees to collaborate and you have the power to distribute the districts around, and I don't know how to), plus the 'hired muscle', how does that work ? I've got 3-4 blokes who can be called upon on bigger warehouse jobs but after one or two killings that I make, they wonder off, how do you control these guys ? Plus how do you call in the mobile arms dealer for top ups ?

Thanks for any information, people can provide.

Edit - Ok, as far as calling in the arms dealer, I evidently have use of a phone to select from the wheel on L1, there should be an icon for it and from there can select and request it, having been given it by the CIA guy, for me, that's not happening, it ain't on my wheel as available, can anyone help.

Mafia III: How to Call in Weapons and Supplies from Associates

Last edited:
Just bought this for $19 and I didn't know the update for definitive edition is given for free. I thought this was just the 2016 game without the remaster update. So that was a nice surprise!

The game looks great. I have yet to free roam but everything looks good so far. The graphics, the menu, the characters models. I know 2k and Rockstar are different studios even though they are under T2,but this really feels like (so far) if Rockstar made an open world crime game set in the 1950s. Also like GTA V/RDRD2, this comes with a thick paper booklet (I haven't opened it, its probably the map) so that's a plus.

I hope I could play this for 3 weeks before the new Watch Dogs/AC are released. I'm gonna buy Mafia 1 as well but I'm assuming it will cost at least 40 dollars, so I'm going to wait for a price cut first. I haven't seen Mafia 2 in my local store, so I'm not sure if I would get to play it.

does that apply to the digital version (the DE update)? I had the physical version when it launched but when it was given away as a plus free game of the month I gave my disc copy to a friend.

does that apply to the digital version (the DE update)? I had the physical version when it launched but when it was given away as a plus free game of the month I gave my disc copy to a friend.
I think so. I don't see why you wont get it for free, since you're getting the definitive update online and you bought the game in the first place.

My review:
The graphics are great. One of the best looking games I've played. Sometimes at nighttime it gets so dark but the lighting in daytime is great. I really felt like I was in the 1960s. I like that you can enter in a lot of places. I like the hud and the menu design. The songs in the radio are good. The cutscenes and the character models are well made. The map isn't that big but still big, especially you can enter in a lot of establishments and undergrounds. I thought they really designed the environment really well. I didn't mind when the graphics flickered because the game looks so good.

However, the gameplay made me bored that I always needed a break. I really felt the repetition of this game. I find the collectibles, I stab enemies, I go back to the same location to stab more enemies, I steal vehicles, I destroy things, I watch a cutscene, repeat. The side quests are pretty much the same and I finished most of them to make the most out of the game. It was pretty tiring and this is not a game that I could play for like 5 hours straight. There are things that I like that in the gameplay like the stealth, whistling, the "eagle vision", calling for backup and unlocking the doors. I also enjoyed the races. Most of the main missions were well designed. But I wish the game was more engaging. I also didn't really follow the story as my mind wandered during the cutscenes. I finished this in 3 weeks same as GTA V and RDR2, but those games had more content than this, I probably spent more hours and I left a lot of unfinished things in those games.

I liked that I finally played a game from this franchise. Mafia wasn't on my radar until last month because of the remake. But I'm not in a rush to play the first two games. I heard they are better but shorter. This game feels like GTA in the sixties but it isn't as fun as the actual GTA games. It checks a lot of GTA boxes but I there's a lot missing in this game. There's no motorcycle, bike, helicopter and train. They could have added some little things like going to stores to buy stuff, go to a barbershop for a haircut, random events and other activities to make the open world more engaging. So this is the third open world game in a row that I recently finished (the other two are Death Stranding and Infamous Second Son), that could have been great if it had more things to offer. But I'm going to miss playing this even though there's really nothing to do in the game when I open my last save.

I downloaded the 3 dlcs for freeand I wish I knew about this earlier so I could finish thembefore the main missions. I liked the first one the most since it added a new country region to free roam to which is quite spacious. The planting feature also takes too much waiting. The second is mostly set in the jungle and I also like that it's a bit different. The third one seems to be the easiest as I was killed a lot in the first two dlcs, but I'm not finishing it as its a bit spooky. I just watched the walkthrough of it and it kinda reminds me of Re7 and ugh. I didn't play this game for that. I kinda wantto finish it because its unlocks the renovations but I don't even have a lot of moneyin the game to purchase the renovations. And I really don't want to grind for money as I'm alreadydone with the main game. But these dlcs added more variety in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"