Mary Elizabeth Winstead is 'Exposed'

Reaction score
Mary Elizabeth Winstead has been spoken for. One of the most hotly pursued actresses this pilot season has been tapped as the lead of ABC’s drama pilot Exposed, from writer Charles Randolph, Peter Traugott’s TBD Entertainment, Sweden-based Yellow Bird Entertainment and Universal TV. Based on the best-selling Swedish novels by Liza Marklund, Exposed centers on Anna (Winstead), an investigative journalist who will stop at nothing to uncover the truth including making questionable alliances. Winstead turned down some half-dozen pilot offers this season before settling on Exposed. The actress, repped by WME and Anonymous Content, has been straddling the indie and mainstream feature worlds with roles in indies, like the 2012 Smash, which landed her an Indie Spirit nomination, and in big-budget movies like A Good Day to Die Hard and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/mar...xposed/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Guess that other pilot she did for Cinemax didn't get picked up. :o

Damn. I'll admit, I was hoping this was a Starz or HBO program with an entirely different plot.

Ever since this pilot was announced, I thought it sounded boring as hell. Winstead being cast isn't going to dissuade that notion.

Well I hope for her sake that it's more interesting than it sounds. She's a very talented actress who deserves better material than she finds herself in most of the time, imo.

Whenever I encounter the phrase "will stop at nothing to uncover the truth" in a plot description, I immediately roll my eyes.

Here there's films based on the books just released two years ago and now there's a tv series in works. It's a shame she dropped out from Quarry (it's been quiet on that project so that seems reasonable) but I wonder what made her settle on this? It's so straight-forward and that's it.

More details about the show came out:

Based on the hit Swedish TV Series, Annika Bengtzon and from the Swedish producers of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, EXPOSED is a character driven serialized thriller about the relationship between a fugitive whistle blower and an investigative journalist at Rolling Stone. Based on the Annika Bengtzon series of books from the New York Times #1 best-selling author Liza Marklund.

Anna Loach is a fearless investigative journalist for Rolling Stone Magazine. She doesn’t shy away from controversy and her instincts lead her to stories other journalists overlook. Her last expose on police brutality made it onto the cover of an upcoming issue, but her next story may top it.

What starts as an investigation into the death of a foreign-born high school student, leads to deeply troubling truths about local police and underage coerced drug informants. Anna follows the story to Fresno, where she is tracked down by a fugitive whistle blower, alias “Stoya,” who hints at a government surveillance conspiracy so big and so deep, it’s beyond science fiction.

Anna uses Stoya’s information to unravel the mystery in Fresno, but it becomes clear that the real story is Stoya himself, and the secrets he holds in his head. As her relationship with Stoya shifts from professional to personal, our heroine must question whether his exposure is for the greater good, and at what cost. Her brother, who runs a high tech security firm, warns her that pursuing this story is too dangerous. Whistleblowers are silenced by very ordinary accidents. That night, when her car is blocked on the road, it becomes clear that the people after Stoya go all the way to the top of the government.

They are on to her, but she will stop at nothing to uncover the truth.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/03/abc-pilots-2014-full-descriptions.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"