• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Daredevil Matt's visit to Fisk in 2x10

dmcreif

Civilian
Reaction score
I've posted this on a few Reddit forums, but I'll post it here too:

There's so many scenes in season 2 that I would've done differently. Even scenes that I do like. For instance, Matt's visit to Fisk in prison in 2x10 after Frank's escape was a very nice scene and was great as is, but I feel that it would've also been interesting if Matt had brought Karen along while he spoke to Fisk. Now I'll admit this is because when you think about it, Foggy nor Karen have ever interacted with Fisk face-to-face (the closest Karen came to sharing the screen with Fisk was the nightmare she had of him in her bedroom after she killed Wesley).

I mean, there's so many questions as to what would've happened if Matt had talked Karen into coming along with him when he went to see Fisk. Like, I could see Fisk picking up on the vibe that Karen is someone Matt is closely attached to. I could see Karen taking issue with Matt threatening to get Vanessa's visa pulled to provoke Fisk into a reaction. And Karen being a bit shaky since she did after all kill Wesley, Fisk's own right-hand.

Then there's the question of the beatdown: would Fisk have still given Matt a beatdown with Karen in the room (or would he have had Karen leave the room)? Would Karen try to intervene when Fisk began throttling Matt?

Then there's the matter of the aftermath of the visit under these circumstances. I think in this version of events, it's likely Fisk's threats would've scared Matt and Karen enough individually that they'd each feel compelled to tell their secrets (that he's Daredevil and she killed Wesley) to each other, and this would give their relationship a place to restart. Karen would also likely insist that Matt visit the hospital to warn Foggy about what's going on. I also think that in this version of events, Karen would be incensed enough at seeing that Fisk is up to his old tricks even from behind bars that she would completely drop her investigation into Frank and put aside her anger at Matt to focus on stopping Fisk once and for all. (Which raises the question of, what would Frank have done to pursue the Blacksmith if Karen completely dropped him to focus on helping Matt stop Fisk?)

But this is all a hypothetical.

Karen didn't need to be in that scene at all I think.

Karen didn't need to be in that scene at all I think.

Okay, but what about someone like Brett? Honestly, from a technical standpoint, Brett has more reason to be interviewing Fisk than Matt. That one of the lawyers who put him away is so inquisitive about his role in Frank's escape had to have raised a few red flags for Fisk.

Brett might have made sense but the scene was also fine as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"