MCU Fight: Luke Cage Vs Red Skull

The only way Red Skull wins this is if he uses some sort of airborne toxin against Cage. In a straight-up hand-to-hand fight, Luke Cage wins this.

Any character could beat Luke Cage if they had a conveniently super effective never before seen plot device gadget. Foggy Nelson, Pepper Potts, Aunt May, that kid from Iron Man 3......

...played by someone other than Colter
As long as they don't recast Daredevil or Kingpin.

Last edited:
Out of interest because I haven't seen a lot of the Defenders or Luke Cage, how does he manage to get beaten up/ injured so often if he's invulnerable or are people just overselling his invulnerability ? I know he's pretty much bulletproof ( whereas Skull is not).

Because "bulletproof" does not equal "invulnerable", and he is largely just a street level character?

Out of interest because I haven't seen a lot of the Defenders or Luke Cage, how does he manage to get beaten up/ injured so often if he's invulnerable or are people just overselling his invulnerability ? I know he's pretty much bulletproof ( whereas Skull is not).

• In Jessica Jones, he shrugs off gunfire, power tools, hits from Jessica etc but when he takes a shotgun point blank to the chin, his bulletproof skin's fine but he gets life threatening concussion from the impact. His internal organs are way above human durability but not invulnerable.
  • In Luke Cage season 1 he's invulnerable except for a plot device "Judas Bullet" designed to kill him. They're explosive rounds made from alien metal and they make a big deal about each shot costing a fortune. Two shots were near fatal to him. To heal his wounds, he goes through a second round of the experiment that gave him his powers and becomes even more durable than before.
  • In Defenders, Iron Fist is able to knock him down but not KO him. Elektra (who became superhuman when she was resurrected) knocks him out when he's barely recovered from being drugged.
  • In Luke Cage season 2, he's now immune to the Judas Bullets, we see him no sell a rocket launcher and he blocks a hit from Iron Fist creating a shockwave that knocks down a room full of gunmen. Bushmaster (a superhuman with similar strength to Luke, insane durability of his own and superior skill) is the only one we see able to hurt him, in their first fight he knocks Luke out with repeated blows to the head. As you'd expect in a superhero story, Luke does a lot better in their rematches.

Last edited:
Haven't seen a tie in forever. Wonder who's going to be the tiebreaker.

New battle is up, Iron Man vs Abilisk!

I'm surprised that Red Skull is doing so well. To me he may have Cap's strength ( well at TFA levels because Cap gets stronger with each film appearance) and speed but not his skills.

I think Cap could beat Cage but by using his tactical skills - he beat Spidey, who is stronger and faster than him by using the environment to his advantage.

Skull doesn't have that kind of tactical skill and with Cage having a big strength and durability advantage I don't see him winning this without some secret doomsday gadget.

If we were talking comics, I'd agree with you. But we are talking MCU. Luke Cage has shown none of the feats of being equally as strong as Cap. Nothing. I honestly don't know how Luke is winning this and I'm a huge Luke Cage fan. I actually think Skull wins this easily. He's a lot more agile than Bushmaster and he handed Luke his arse on numerous occasions.

If we were talking comics, I'd agree with you. But we are talking MCU. Luke Cage has shown none of the feats of being equally as strong as Cap. Nothing. I honestly don't know how Luke is winning this and I'm a huge Luke Cage fan. I actually think Skull wins this easily. He's a lot more agile than Bushmaster and he handed Luke his arse on numerous occasions.

In season 1, after the attack by Cottonmouth, Luke is moving huge pieces of concrete rubble around without breaking a sweat. He regularly bends, twists and smushes metal with his bare hands. He is powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"