Mexican Elections.. hopefully the final chapter

Gonking said:
Mexico is a country which have democracy since a few years ago, so is not easy to have a perfect sistem in such a little time. This sort of things are normal.
it's perfectable, but it's pretty much better than the one in many other more advanced countries

jaguarr said:
LOL! PLAS damning himself makes this thread really work. :up:

jag
it's cool

if I can't damn my own self, why would life be worth living?

Why is it these days that whenever someone loses an election the loser or his supporters cry fraud :o

The Amazing Lee said:

- 2000 in the United States

- 2003 in Georgia (proven fradulent)

- 2004 in the United States, Mozambique, Afghanistan, the Philippines (possible fradulent), Ukraine (proven fradulent), Russia (proven fraudulent)

- 2005 in Iraq, Zimbabwe, Liberia, Togo, Ethiopia, Honduras, Kyrgystan (proven fradulent), Azerbaijan (proven fradulent), Kazakhstan (proven fradulent), Egypt (proven fradulent)

- 2006 in Uganda, Hati, Italy, Congo, Peru, Mexico, Belarus (proven fradulent)

Now you can see that some have indeed been proven fradulent, but in many cases it's just plain and simple of the opposition just being sore losers.

PLAS said:
it's perfectable, but it's pretty much better than the one in many other more advanced countries

I sure is better than an african country :D but not better than the advanced countries.

Give me an example.

Gonking said:
I sure is better than an african country :D but not better than the advanced countries.

Give me an example.
USA

Corinthian™ said:

Are you kidding?

although is true that the 2000 elections in the United States were a fraud, you can't compare the democratic history of USA with Mexico's.

Gonking said:
Are you kidding?

although is true that the 2000 elections in the United States were a fraud, you can't compare the democratic history of USA with Mexico's.
yeah, that has changed. Mexican History has changed. While there were irregularities, it was obvious that the elections were clean and the losing party did what they did(i.e. did not officially challange for the tallying of all the ballots) in order to mislead their followers into thinking that the goverment did not want them to win.

And the mexican Federal Electoral Institute(IFE) is quite renowned around the world for their transparency, which was the complete oposite with the old goverment(emphasis on this) runned electral college. It is pretty much true that after the begining of the IFE, everything was much true and transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"