More SONY 'Live' talk.

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/so...resh-couldnt-work-on-xbox-360-185346.php#more

It's not Xbox Live. It's more powerful—at least according to Sony. In an exclusive interview with game site Gamasutra, SCEA's John Hight talks about the PS3 E-Distribution Initiative, which he is leading.

The PS3 E-Distribution Initiative has been created to enable first and third party developers distribute downloadable content directly to the PS3. First party games will receive funding, while the initiative will also be open to new developers. "This new form of distribution will lower the barriers of entry for new developers," says Hight.

So what's the difference between the PS3 E-Distribution Initiative?

We're looking for fresh, new ideas that fully exploit the power of PlayStation 3. Our 1st party projects are all unique to PS3. Some of our games, by virtue of their design and hardware demands, simply couldn't work on Xbox 360.

XBL already does this SONY... No wait, yours will be 'More Powerful' :o

If they're actually going to have first party support for Sony 'live' (something Microsoft hasn't done with the exception of geometry wars and have nothin reportedly planned) more power to them.

As for power and technology. That = the motion sensing.

FYI the first confirmed game for the Sony E-distribution service is a remake/reinvisioned flOw, the people behind flOw are now employed at under Sony Santa Monica and they're working in the same facility as the God of War Team.

and the reason MS doenst have there first party progammers doing arcade games is because would you rather them be doing short games, or actual games? they're using the arcade as what it should be, a place for smaller devs to get there stuff out there and make some $ in the process

The Joker said:
and the reason MS doenst have there first party progammers doing arcade games is because would you rather them be doing short games, or actual games? they're using the arcade as what it should be, a place for smaller devs to get there stuff out there and make some $ in the process

EXACTLY. THE ONLY LOGICAL REASON FOR 'SONY' TO BE FUNDING/PRODUCING ANY FIRST-PARTY ONLINE CONTENT, IS SO THEY CAN SAY "NOT ALL OF OUR TITLES WILL BE $80; WE'LL HAVE MANY QUALITY, HD TITLES AVAILABLE FOR UNDER $30." :rolleyes:

THWIP* said:
EXACTLY. THE ONLY LOGICAL REASON FOR 'SONY' TO BE FUNDING/PRODUCING ANY FIRST-PARTY ONLINE CONTENT, IS SO THEY CAN SAY "NOT ALL OF OUR TITLES WILL BE $80; WE'LL HAVE MANY QUALITY, HD TITLES AVAILABLE FOR UNDER $30." :rolleyes:

No one says a studio can't do both, you don't need a lot of people to make an arcade game, and if it means more fun games on the Sony live, why not.

Bet your account on 80 dollar games.

Zenien said:
No one says a studio can't do both, you don't need a lot of people to make an arcade game, and if it means more fun games on the Sony live, why not.

I DIDN'T SAY THEY COULDN'T DO BOTH EITHER. I JUST STATED A LOGICAL REASON FOR THEM TO PUSH THAT AGENDA. :confused:

There will be no fun games on the PlaySixtii LiveConnect

If games are actually 80 dollars I don't think anyone here would buy a PS3. That's ridiculous. :down

wow, zenien defending sony again...

is anyone shocked by now?

they could slaughter every employee at nintendo and microsoft and their families, and she would say it was just an effiecient way of wiping out the competition.

XwolverineX said:
If games are actually 80 dollars I don't think anyone here would buy a PS3. That's ridiculous. :down

Bet you zenien and hippy hunter will buy it regardless :p

XwolverineX said:

WELL, BASED ON THE CRYPTIC RESPONSES GIVEN CONCERNING THE SUBJECT, THUS FAR, I THINK IT'S SAFE TO SAY THEY WON'T BE THE STANDARD $50-$60.
OBVIOUSLY IF THEY WERE, THEY'D JUST COME RIGHT OUT AND SAY "YES, OUR GAMES WILL FOLLOW THE INDUSTRY STANDARD, IN TERMS OF PRICING" RATHER
THAN "DON'T BE UPSET IF THEY'RE CLOSER TO $100" :down:o

ff969c2786daffc6cd87dc9fe49c3a6b.jpg

Horrorfan said:
wow, zenien defending sony again...

is anyone shocked by now?

they could slaughter every employee at nintendo and microsoft and their families, and she would say it was just an effiecient way of wiping out the competition.

DO you have anything useful to ad, little guy?

Zenien said:
DO you have anything useful to ad, little guy?

Here's an ''ad'' for dead rising:

IT ROCKS! GO BUY IT ON DAY OF RELEASE!

No more ''ad''s for now, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"