• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

MTV developing Scream series

Apparently they are just now filming the third season.

I was thinking S3 was never going to be released.

Whattttt... that looks so bad, but at least the mask is correct.

It looks awful but I'm curious and a huge Scream fan, so will watch.

I don't know whether the events of the original Scream trilogy happened in this (hence the OG Ghostface mask and voice), or if they're pretending that this story is the first time that type of masked killer has appeared.

Don't forget. Tonight's the big night!

giphy.gif

I forgot all about this.

Scream: The TV Series Showrunners Reveal Original Plans for Seasons 3 & 4
As the season would have barreled toward its conclusion, the killer would have started knocking off all of our favorite characters: Brooke, Stavo, Emma’s mother Maggie, Sheriff Acosta, and even Audrey. “The audience would be losing their minds,” the pitch notes. “‘OHMYGOD, I can’t believe they’re killing everybody off!” During the two-part season finale, the last characters standing would have been Emma, Noah, and the escaped Kieran, all facing off with one another in an abandoned farmhouse just outside of Lakewood. Noah is killed, but Emma gets the drop on Kieran and finally kills him.

Then, as Kieran is shown dead in a pool of his own blood – “CUT!

Pull back to reveal that we’re on the set of Scream: The Television Series. The actors hug, and mentions of the wrap party are made. “The killer is killed,” Register says, “then we pull back [to reveal it’s a TV production]. Amadeus Serafini [the actor who plays Kieran] walks into his dressing room, and is killed again.” For real, this time.

The fourth season would have carried on with this meta approach, spinning a tale where the actors from the show play themselves. From the pitch: “Willa Fitzgerald, Bex Taylor-Klaus and John Karna all track a real life version of the Lakewood 6 that was stolen and woven into the series by the desperate original writer.” A killer in an original Ghostface mask, obsessed with the Scream franchise, would begin attacking various folks involved in the entire “Scream entertainment universe”, whether they’re writers, directors, producers, actors, etc.
Pretty insane. Basically the opening to Scream 4, but instead of just the opening being a misdirect movie within a movie, the entire THREE SEASONS would have ended up just being a fictional story. Insanely meta even for Scream, can't say how I'd have felt about it. I fell in love with the characters from the first two seasons so I'm not sure I would have been down for this, but then again anything's better than Scream: Resurrection.

Scream: The TV Series Showrunners Reveal Original Plans for Seasons 3 & 4
Pretty insane. Basically the opening to Scream 4, but instead of just the opening being a misdirect movie within a movie, the entire THREE SEASONS would have ended up just being a fictional story. Insanely meta even for Scream, can't say how I'd have felt about it. I fell in love with the characters from the first two seasons so I'm not sure I would have been down for this, but then again anything's better than Scream: Resurrection.

It's a cool idea on paper, but you can't do that to viewers after 3 seasons and a tv movie. "Sorry, everything you saw the last 3 years was fake and doesn't matter. Nobody was actually killed by Ghostface. All these characters you cared about don't exist, it's just a tv show within the Scream world." :whatever: It's too extreme, why would you ever want to rewatch the show after that?

American Horror Story did the same thing a couple of years ago, but that was just one season with a similar reveal halfway through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"