My computer has ADD.

Philly Phanboy

LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY
Reaction score
Can anybody suggest a fix for having my computer time-out almost every 30 seconds when I'm trying downloads?

This is extremely annoying and I've had to install a download manager and basically click stop/resume every 30 seconds to do ANY downloads...try to imagine how many times I had to do that in order to download huge demos. :o

Anyhow, I've gone through my router settings and there's no setting that would affect the timeout time. Where do I go from here? BTW,I'm running XP.

right click ur background. go to properties. click screensaver. uncheck the "on resume, password protect" box

astroid-man said:
right click ur background. go to properties. click screensaver. uncheck the "on resume, password protect" box
That's not the soloution to everything.:(

its the same problem. And maybe it is. it sure fits. last time u thought it didnt and it did. we'll see

astroid-man said:
its the same problem. And maybe it is. it sure fits. last time u thought it didnt and it did. we'll see
It's not the same problem at all:(

astroid-man said:

That's not what's causing my downloads to stop at 30 second intervals, but thanks.

Hmmm....could be a hardware problem with your modem or ethernet card (depending on how you connect to the 'net). Could also be a DNS timeout issue with your ISP as well.

jag

Is it only downloads that time out?
Or does your internet stop loading pages for a few seconds once this happens?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"