• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Newest Comic Hobby!

I still really really want to do this. There is just 2 problems I'm having so far:

1. Money. I don't have any since I got laid off.

2. I don't have a, i guess, full run I want to sacrifice first, as like a test run.

But this does look super cool. And it also looks like it makes rereading old issues a lot easier.

If you don't have anything that you want to use as a test volume I suggest just finding something cheap in quarter bins somewhere that you wouldn't mind testing out. Something like Slingers or Nightwatch. Decent stuff to read when you have it bound, but won't be expensive to pick up. Or make a cheap collection of your own... like a volume based on Juggernaut with a bunch of comics with Juggernaut fights, or Venom, etc.

I'd suggest pulling together at least 12 issues though. My smallest is 10 issues (Sentry) and while it reads well, I feel it's a little thin. But then again, a lot of people like them thinner like that, so it's up to personal preference.

Getting excited!!! We've been sitting on our income tax return to parepare for a potential layoff but after doing the match we realized that even if I am layed off we'll be fine financially so we decided we didn't need to sit on ALL of the income tax. So my wife and I have decided to each get $325 to just have fun with and I think I'm going to use my money on some more bindings.

The sad thing is that the company I used to use, Library Binding Company, was bought out and shut down so I have to experiment with new places. The two forums that talk about this stuff (linked in earlier posts) have been experimenting with new places for a year now so I plan on looking through those. I don't think any are $15 save one who has little experience and I'm not sure if I can trust them at this time. I think the best one for me is $21 a volume but I'm still rooting through the listed companies and their locations and what they charge for, etc.

While doing that I'm considering what I may bind. I'm debating on doing some fun binds but also maybe finishing up some sets that are already started, such as the Clone Saga or some more X-Men binds. My main goal, I think, is simply to clear out as much of the clutter of comics in our bedroom so I may just go with as many volumes as I can with as few holes to fill issue-wise. I'm still debating though.

I want to decide what I'm binding by Tuesday morning though because Milehighcomics has a codeword sale that's 50% off your total order so I want to buy whatever backissues that I need before then... as that's when the sale ends.

Considerations
X-Men post Australia through Muir Island Saga. (I'm thinking 4 or 5 volumes)
X-Men post Operation Zero Tolerance through The Twelve (I'm thinking 4 volumes)
Green Lantern/Corps/Ion from One Year Later through Blackest Night (4 volumes I think)
2099 vol. 2 (from where I left off in vol. 1 through the end of Fall of the Hammer)
X-Men 2099 (2 volumes of the complete run along with X-Nation 2099)
Darkhawk (just the first 15 issues. I've decided I didn't like anything after that)
Iron Fist vol. 3 (things post Immortal Iron Fist... though I'd have to wait for Power Man and Iron Fist to finish first)
Avengers: Dark Reign (I'm thinking 4 volumes with New, Dark, Mighty, Initiative, and other tie-ins through Siege)
Daredevil: Diggle's run (2 volumes through Reborn with Shadowland. I haven't bound Brubaker's run though so it bugs me skipping it but there's too many holes.)
Spectre: Crispus Allen (Including the Infinite Crisis aftermath, Tales of the Unexpected, an issue of Brave and the Bold, and concluded with Final Crisis: Revelation)

Maybe others... I'm still debating.

I am DEFINATELY binding a few though because they've but cut up and ready for a year. Those are:

Infinite Crisis (3 volumes starting at Identity Crisis through Infinite Crisis with all the minis and some core tie-in and ongoing stories that build to the final)

Death's Head II (his ongoing, his initial mini, and a few tie-ins)

Last edited:
Definately. I liked the Australia days but once the X-Men kinda became a no-team I thought it got REALLY good. It was neat to see them each doing their own thing leading to their eventually reformation. That'd be the era I'd bind if I go that route.

I'm currently rumaging through my comics though to see what I want to do. I haven't decided fully yet.

It was an old name back when I started my ebay account (pre-hype days). It's a character from a book series a friend and I planned (and I'll eventually write) back when we were early teenagers. Everything we did he was Zenth and I was Shadagad :)

Also just put up 3 of those Spider-Man volumes containing the first half of the Clone Saga.

HERE'S the link.

A guy already bought the other 6 Spider-Man volumes and he said he only had $30 or so to put toward buying the last three I had bound so I started bid there to give him a chance though I'm hoping it'll go more.

Also, the 2099 bind was bought as I was listing the Spider-Man ones for $50... way more than I was expecting. I put that as the buy it now not expecting it to go for more than maybe $20. Good to see there's still 2099 fans out there :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"