• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Name some GOOD Horror movies (super rare, i know)!!!

Here's a relatively newer horror movie that would kind of fall under the solemn/scary not a group movie category (sort of like the previous movie I posted). This film came out in the US on Christmas weekend and I remember wanting to thinking what the heck?! Genius marketing.lol Oh well, probably partially because it was a foreign film.

wolf_creek_lg.jpg

wolf_creek_narrowweb__300x450,0.jpg

This is a more recent Australian film kind of made along the lines of scaring tourists away from travelling into the Australian outback due to the types of odd characters that have been encountered in the past (real life serial killers).

This gives a fictional account (very loosely inspired by true events as opposed to being the actual account lol) of 3 young college aged kids going out on a vacation that quickly turns into something else involving a crocodile dundee like psychotic fruitloop.

Here's a breif synopsis:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416315/

Three friends embark on an adventure in the rugged Australian outback, having set out to see the famous Wolf Creek- a famous crater made by a meteor thousands of years ago. They spend time partying and bonding during their road trip to the landmark. When they arrive they leave their car at the bottom to make the 3 hour hike to the top of the crater. We get to know the three on a personal level, so that what happens to them is more than mere gore and torture; we actually feel for these characters and want them to succeed. A surprisingly well-done, yet very difficult film to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEpvw51xubU
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEpvw51xubU[/YT]

Alien
Catwoman{because it's such a horror to watch}

Videodrome
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
The Eye (original)
The Dead Zone
Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
Paranoia 1.0
The Virgin Spring
Suicide Club
Kwaidan
Lost Highway
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ('31)
Christine
The Fog (1980)
Vampyr
I Walked with a Zombie
Cat People ('42)
Carrie ('76)
Sisters ('73)
At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul
This Night I'll Possess Your Corpse

Night of the Hunter Another relatively unknown horror film from the 50's, it stars Robert Mitchum as an evil, murderous preacher who's hell bent on hunting down two children to take the money there hiding. Whats great about the film is the director (Charles Laughton, who never directed again) uses a rather more unique film method of german expressionism, setting it apart from most horror films from the 50's.
Technially, The Night of the Hunter is film noir with the pacing of a thriller. To me, it just didn't feel like a horror movie.

Last edited:
Technially, The Night of the Hunter is film noir with the pacing of a thriller. To me, it just didn't feel like a horror movie.

I suppose your right. I think the way the film is shot (so different to any film noir I've ever seen) could sway you into thinking its a horror film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"