Justice League New 52 JL should be used as a template?

LordofhouseEl

Sidekick
Reaction score
Initially when new 52 was announced I hated the idea and thought it was terrible but after reading it have loved some of it if not all. In particular the way the JL all came together, although some might say its very similar to the Avengers but hey JL was first.:yay:

Yes, except for Cyborg.

Who would you rather have in his place?, and in truth we all know why his there.:cwink:
Either Martian Manhunter, or nobody else as the team is already big enough to introduce

No. I normally really like Geoff Johns, but his Justice League is almost pure garbage. It feels like a Michael Bay movie more than anything else. The only character that doesn't feel like a cardboard cutout is Steve Trevor. Even Darkseid came across like a generic villain. I hope they are taking inspiration from the Morrison/Waid/Kelley era or take ideas from the Justice League: Mortal script.

Yeah, even ignoring the fact that DC's new JLA origin is absolute crap, the fact that it deals with a deal of super-powered individuals stopping an alien invasion in a densely populated urban area would get it compared unfavourably to The Avengers.

Last edited:
No. I normally really like Geoff Johns, but his Justice League is almost pure garbage. It feels like a Michael Bay movie more than anything else. The only character that doesn't feel like a cardboard cutout is Steve Trevor. Even Darkseid came across like a generic villain. I hope they are taking inspiration from the Morrison/Waid/Kelley era or take ideas from the Justice League: Mortal script.

I think its been quiet enjoyable, and it brings in new audiences which DC (comics) needed in general. I think the characters have been handled well the only ones I thought were poorly handled was Superman but hey the seem to have turned him into a mindless brute who favors punching things. Hal was handled well so was Barry. Their interactions was also entertaining.

No the origin is terrible when compared to others that have been written. However, the characters Johns can write well have some pretty good interaction.

No the origin is terrible when compared to others that have been written. However, the characters Johns can write well have some pretty good interaction.

The interactions between the team has been awesome, I think its been extremely funny, especially conversation between GL and the Flash. Obviously it could be improved on, what I like about it is the fact they didn't chose to get together it was all based on random encounters and a need to resolve an invasion.

Wasn't Mortal allegedly a hunk of ****?

I voted yes, but I'd say take the things that work from each version of the Justice League, and create something definitive.

JL: Mortal had a good story but a terrible cast and a spotty director.

I think if they are using WW they should use her new origin. Old one is silly and she's already got enough going against her. They should have Hades be her pop tho or even Aries

Last edited:
What was the story of JL: Mortal about?

Heeecccck NO. The writing was subpar. The whole arc was carried by Jim Lee's beautiful art.

Yeah, even ignoring the fact that DC's new JLA origin is absolute crap, the fact that it deals with a deal of super-powered individuals stopping an alien invasion in a densely populated urban area would get it compared unfavourably to The Avengers.

WHUT????????
JLA's origin has always been a group of super powered individuals stopping an alien invasion. Be is Starro or Darkseid. Also, JLA was created first.

I prefer if Grant Morrison's JLA is used as a template.

What was the story of JL: Mortal about?
Talia Al Ghul pulling a Tower of Babel while Maxwell Lord uses OMACs to take over the world. It involves them mostly hanging around discussing how to cure the nanobots within them and Barry dies. Basically, it sounded like a plotline to an episode of JL/U. Minus Barry of course...

I definitely don't want the movie based on Geoff Johns' arrogant childish Justice League and Jim Lee's rebooted costumes. Half of the Justice League characters appeal for audiences is nostalgia. And the classic iconic DC characters are already essentially new to any new kid movie goers, so new costumes are not necessary. The general public disliked the altered costume in Singer's Superman Returns, which was relatively miner compared the alterations now. The overwhelmingly negative reaction from the public to the rebooted costume Jim Lee made of Wonder Woman in the comics and the negative influence of that on the failed David E. Kelley Wonder Woman TV show should have told DC that the majority of people don't want drastically altered costumes. These drastic reboots of Superman and Wonder Woman makes it clear that Dan DiDio and Jim Lee think that Superman and Wonder Woman are extremely outdated characters and are in need of drastic rebooted costumes, and personalities in desperate attempts to make them cool, without realizing that they were cool as they were already. The reason why their comics weren't the strongest sellers was due to the lack of fan favorite big name writers and artists on all the monthly titles, the quality of the stories and art, not the wardrobe and personalities of the title characters themselves. Removing Superman's red trunks and yellow belt is like removing Batman's cowl and replacing it with a domino mask. Superman's trunks always stood out, by the simple fact that they are red, and an iconic part of his suit since 1938. Superman looks incomplete without them. Their so iconically Superman. It's not dated, it's stood the test of time. It's not a fashion trend that goes out of style. It's timeless. It's not underwear, it's outerwear, a part of an iconic uniform that started the superhero genre. I want the classic, iconic characters brought to life faithfully, with their classic, iconic characterizations and in their classic, iconic costumes that are known, recognized and loved by generations.
This:
alexrossjusticeleague.jpg

60255153565230397410148.jpg
img0011fj.jpg

Instead of more of this:
supermanmanofsteelsetph.jpg
66423556.jpg

And don't cast predominantly younger actors who director George Miller hoped would "grow into their roles someday." I want the Justice League, grown up men and women, not Peter Parker's, or "cool" inexperienced stupid collage age brats. The adult Justice League, not Superboy, Batboy and Wonder Girl, not Teen Titans or Smallville: The Movie!
justiceleaguesmallville.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"