• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Nintendo -- the next Marvel?

The Legend of Zelda isn't an epic romance. Because there are various Link's out there not all of them had Zelda as a love interest.

The most recent Link from Twilight Princess had Ilia as a love interest while the Hero of the Winds from the Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass really didn't have a love interest because he was just too young for that kind of thing. The Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask could have Zelda or Malin as the love interest or none at all.

The original Link met both Zeldas from the first two games at the very end so to say that he traveled around the world for the woman he loved is rather farfetched too.

The purpose of the Legend of Zelda series is mostly to save Hyrule from the evil forces of Ganon, not love.

Yeah, but you're going to have to change things for the movie and I think the first thing would to have Link and Zelda know and be in a relationship with each other from the beginning. Gannon takes her knowing the power she has within, Link goes to save her because she's his girlfriend and eventually learns the bigger story.

Metal Gear is so, so much more than that :csad:

I know there's more going on, but at it's core Metal Gear is a spy movie. Sure I wouldn't want it to be a cliched spy movie, but the initial appeal of the game is the stealth/spy action.

I still think that if you want to get a good video game based movie, do it off Final Fantasy. Many of those games already have good plots (they would just need to be simplified and tightened up in some cases) and they're very cinematic.

And let's forget the crap movie that came out a few years ago. I don't even know why they called it Final Fantasy. I want to see a movie based off one of the more popular games, like FF7 or FF8 or FF10. Those could be good movies if they tightened up the plot a bit.

I hate posting at the end of a page.

And I agree with AMF15. You'd have to tighten the Zelda story up, but it could definitely work. It's simmilar to Final Fantasy really.

I think that certain games could transfer to the screen with success.. depends how it gets handled though.

Everyone always says FF7.. Broken Sword could be cool.. Metroid could be cool (just have it be about Samus, as a bounty hunter, chasing someone to the planet, that way you have some character interaction). I would love for Ocarina of Time and Bioshock films, the twist at the end of Bioshock is great imo. Starfox/Lylat Wars should be done ala TMNT..

For Ocarina you could just keep the main story and take out a lot of the dungeon aspects so for example, Link has to only find one Spiritual Stone and instead of adult link 'saving' the 7 sages, he just has to find them from hiding and they travel with him and help him to defeat Gannondorf.. (Craig T. Nelson for Gannondorf btw)

i loved the Super Mario brothers Film...but if they do make a new one they should have it 3D Animated, that would be neat.

Hmmm...A live action Pokemon movie could be pretty interesting...It would cost quite a penny.

Imagine them rendering a CGI Pokemon as real life, especially one of the more obscure-looking ones like Giratina:

Giratina.jpg

-TNC

^ Yeah, every time I see a trailer for a new children's book movie, like the Spiderwick chronicles especially (three kids, two boys one girl, fighting monsters) I get so pissed because I'm like "they're wasting money on this when they should be making Pokemon!!!"

I really wanna see an Onix versus a Gyrados. THAT would be sick.

And Robert DeNiro for Giovanni.

Unless we're talking cartoons, Nintendo is like the worst game company to make film based on their games

I want to see a live action pokemon.... seriuosly.... that movie would rock if done right!!!!!

Starfox would be the sweetest movie out of Nintendo properties (well, at least after Zelda) and I would love a live action Starfox movie. Totally baller.

If it was up to me I'd hire a great director, great writer, and great actors in order for video game concepts to finaly be taken seriously. I truly feel the last video game movie that was worth any merit was Silent Hill.

Hitman was decent I suppose, but they ****ed up the story so much and Olyphant was so wrong for Agent 47 that it just ruined the greatness that the game created. So ideally I'd love to see a faithful Castlevania, Mega Man X-X3, Metal Gear, Punch Out(Come on, it'd be an absolute riot to see some over the top boxing and ridiculous characters), Zelda: A Link To The Past, and Starfox would make interesting movies if done correctly.

However given the track record of said video game franchise movies we know it'll never be done right.

Eternal Darkness would do well as a film adaptation. They could have a lot of fun with the sanity effects, have a big ensemble that can target various demos and allow for various time periods that make it stand out as well.

For Ocarina you could just keep the main story and take out a lot of the dungeon aspects so for example, Link has to only find one Spiritual Stone and instead of adult link 'saving' the 7 sages, he just has to find them from hiding and they travel with him and help him to defeat Gannondorf.. (Craig T. Nelson for Gannondorf btw)

Ocarina would be the best Zelda adaptation I played by far... I haven't really played Wii... ever... so I can't really say what I think about the newest game... I don't know what they'd use as a follow up though... Majora's mask was a huge let down in terms of the story for me personally. Zelda should definitely be the love interest in the first movie... or if they do a trilogy... use her for a pivotal extended appearance role at the very least (along the lines of Ocarina or something)... and build it up from there... they could spin out a good four to six picture type franchise with this... although since Link was always a different version in most of the video games... how can they really do a franchise unless its a James Bond type??? I guess they can do one version of Link for three/four films... and if that works... restart it again in ten years with another version like Bond... and no thanks to Craig T. Nelson for Gannondorf btw... the guy would never be believable as Gannondorf unless you want the character sounding like Captain America at the same time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"