World original Cap coming back

JustWalkAway.jpg

Last edited:
Does this surprise anyone? Leaving Cap dead would practically be like killing off Superman permanently. And with a new movie coming out, did anyone really expect that they were going to keep him dead in the comics?

Oh yeah, and Conan commented about it the other night. Hehehe.

2lmlbax.jpg

When Cap died I thought he'd come back around 2011 when his movie was about to hit. If the movie came an went an Cap still wasn't back then I was gonna start giving Marvel credit an take his death a little more seriously. Unfortunately its 2009 and it makes me feel like Marvel is desperate for sales an pulls this outta there ass just to get a couple extra sales on the "rebirth" issues. I REALLY hate Comic books deaths. Its the one thing that I hate about comics

The thing is they don't even NEED to do this for sales. The book's sales are just about the same, if not a bit better with Bucky as Cap.

No one was complaining with the current direction of the book, but oh well.

I'm glad steve is coming back. hope the story is good.

hopefully it ends with steve rogers dead again. Really suck for Buckys development and he just lost his hero job.

Seems pointless. Old Marvel is dead. YOu know, the fun Marvel where stuff really happened occasingly. Well, aside from FCap dying, There really doesn't seem a point in hyping up a return to a comic book with increasing sales. IT's pointless. I won't be reading it... CiviL War sucked. I couldn't fathom why that thing was put out, because the hyped up sales wouldn't translate down the road.

hopefully it ends with steve rogers dead again. Really suck for Buckys development and he just lost his hero job.

What, Bucky MUST Be Captain America to be a hero at all? That makes no sense to me.

I actually ment he'd lose the captain america job for obvious reasons.

But lets be honest, with so many heroes out there. Could bucky go the "nightwing route" and branch out on his own? Sure

But again with so many heroes out there. Who would really car if Bucky went back to being his old alias or some new made up one. The development he has by being Captain America would just stop and be for nothing. He'd go back to " What would Steve do, oh wait Ill just go ask him". The Character cant become his own if he's Captain America's sidekick.

Steve Rogers and Bruce Wayne are currently banging cave women...
Bucky and Robin burst into tears realizing they will never get their chance...

It's all good

I admit that the dividing line between life and death in the MU is fuzzy- hell, characters as distinct as Bucky, Nighthawk and Norman Osborn have come back from the grave, but just how CAN Steve Rogers come back- unlike DC's Superman he's just a man( albeit with the Super Soldier Serum enhancing his strength and reflexes)?

Guess I'll have to buy the comic!

PS when the original Cap comes back, will he rejoin the "official"Avengers?

I doubt it!

Terry

What, Bucky MUST Be Captain America to be a hero at all? That makes no sense to me.

At the end of it all, why can't Bucky just go back to being his side kick.

It would be such a neat change to see, seeing how Bucky is just so damn awesome.

The dude who got shot was obviously a Life Model Decoy... or a Skrull... or a former villain... or a clone... or a symbiote... or a <insert ********>

Or maybe Captain America's brain is X-TREMELY resilient to damage and he just went into a coma. They could really do something hilarious with his...

Imagine someone at his grave ... then suddenly... A HAND POPS OUT AND GRABS HIM!
I bet his first words will be...

Cap: Where is the red/yellow tin can... I want a word with him...

I've heard that hints concerning how this story would unfold go back as far as issue #1 (before we even had a clue that Steve would die) and also that Brubaker did not originally plan for Steve to remain "dead" for this long. (Though I thought this would go on quite a bit longer.) I'm going to go back and read from issue #1 to see for myself. Since Brubaker's done such a great job so far I'll keep the faith that this will measure up too.
I just hope they don't have him team up with Barack Obama:whatever:

Last edited:
I think they should off on bring Steve back.I really like what they are doing with Bucky.Let Bucky run with being Capt for now.They are finally doing something solid with him.

Steve's return is as a supporting player in Invincible Iron Man?!? I think Marvel screwed up the time table with that move. I was stunned to see him in that last issue.

Yeah they screwed the pooch big time there.

Releasing that issue BEFORE Reborn was done.

The bullets didn't kill cap, it simply transported him to a fixed place in time.

CAP WAS NEVER ACTUALLY DEAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"