Rebels OT: Dish Network does not carry Disney XD in HD (SW related).

MistaBinks

Civilian
Reaction score
Of the options available, I figured this would be the best place for this thread.

I am a Dish Network customer. I am overall pretty happy with them. At the moment, and prior to the SW announcement, my only complaint was that they do not offer Disney XD in HD. It is a safe bet that some sort of SW programming is coming to Disney XD.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to motivate them or suggest they offer Disney XD in HD?

The "contact us" email hasn't resulted in more than a "thank you for inquiry" generic response.

Of the options available, I figured this would be the best place for this thread.

I am a Dish Network customer. I am overall pretty happy with them. At the moment, and prior to the SW announcement, my only complaint was that they do not offer Disney XD in HD. It is a safe bet that some sort of SW programming is coming to Disney XD.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to motivate them or suggest they offer Disney XD in HD?

The "contact us" email hasn't resulted in more than a "thank you for inquiry" generic response.
Move to DirecTV, or you can always download 720p versions of the shows by other means. ;)

Dish doesn't have AMC either and has commercials rubbing it in all the time. :p

Yeah, if you have to go to...other means, it isn't hard to find them to be honest.

Although you did say that it doesn't have them in HD, which means you could watch them normally and wait for the DVD/Blu for the Hd experience.

Switch to DirectTV or Comcast. Or just download the eps using torrents.

It looks like the Dish Network is about to enter negotiations with ABC/Disney. This might be a great chance to upgrade the Disney Channels to HD. Hopefully.

So Dish now has The Disney Channel in HD but not Disney XD. Getting closer.

As a former Dish Network customer, I say: Dish Network is The Worst.

honestly...it's cheaper just to buy the episodes off Amazon than to pay Dish

Potential awesome news. While Dish Network does not offer DisneyXD in HD, they do provide XD programming OnDemand in HD. I watched the XD Phineas and Ferb Star Wars special tonight OnDemand in HD. Whew. Might be a happy answer after all to this dilemma.

Really sucks for Dish. At one time they had Disney XD in HD, hopefully they will again. I've been checking out Disney XD on my Apple TV.

Really sucks for Dish. At one time they had Disney XD in HD, hopefully they will again. I've been checking out Disney XD on my Apple TV.

So far I have been lucky as I've found the episodes On Demand and in HD. The first episode aired on The Disney Channel so we will see if that changes when the show moves to XD.

As an update. Dish carries the Disney Channel on HD but not Disney XD. Luckily, the Disney Channel shows back to back Rebel episodes on Friday night. Usually a week or so behind. So it is possible to see them in HD if you have Dish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"