• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Other superhero movies that deserve reboots

Ghost Rider
Green Lantern
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Shadow
The Spirit

Daredevil is another comic book movie hero that deserves a reboot like an actual big screen reboot not that Netflix crap they put out

Please, do tell me more about how the television show that you haven't seen yet is crap.

It's silly to prejudge it, but streaming shows will be referred to as television shows as common usage. It's a bit nitpicky to correct people on that. People will likewise continue to refer to "films" even for movies that aren't actually shot on film.

Why wait until next year? You've already made your mind up.

Mind reader are you? Because I think it's a strong possibility something could happen I've already made my mind up about it. That's real genius thinking :dry:

It's silly to prejudge it, but streaming shows will be referred to as television shows as common usage. It's a bit nitpicky to correct people on that. People will likewise continue to refer to "films" even for movies that aren't actually shot on film.

They only continue to refer to them as television because they haven't bothered to think about things, and assuming everything must fit into a "film/TV" binary world. The proper response is to *correct them*, until people start realizing that, no, calling a streaming show TV is as wrong as calling a movie TV.

Even as someone who can be a bit pedantic, I think that's overly pedantic.

Does The Spirit really have a big enough fan base to warrant a reboot?

Does The Spirit really have a big enough fan base to warrant a reboot?
Finest comics are awards are named after the character creator, the character might get a reboot somewhere down the road.

The Green Hornet, but done proper...which includes setting it in the '30s and re-establishing Britt Reid as the grandnephew of John Reid (The Lone Ranger).

For that matter, The Mask veered back to the violent black comedy of the original comics.

Spawn

i remember not that long ago reading an interview with Todd McFarlane where he said he was working on a script/story for a new Spawn movie. haven't heard anything else since

Spawn

i remember not that long ago reading an interview with Todd McFarlane where he said he was working on a script/story for a new Spawn movie. haven't heard anything else since
He's been saying that for years and years.

The Green Hornet, but done proper...which includes setting it in the '30s and re-establishing Britt Reid as the grandnephew of John Reid (The Lone Ranger).
Man those were two disappointing reboots that I was highly anticipating.

They both deserve another shot, and as you point out, a series recognizing the Legacy aspect between the two.
Although both brands will probably be seen as toxic now for at least another decade before anyone touches them.:csad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"