• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Palworld: Pokémon with Guns

You have to disclose if there's AI generated content in the game and whether or not you have a commercial license to do so which effectively bans the practice. Failure to do so will get your game pulled.
And who looks over Steams shoulder to make sure they follow that?
Like, call me cynical but i doubt Steam would be strict on a game that average player numbers are over 1 million.

And who looks over Steams shoulder to make sure they follow that?
Like, call me cynical but i doubt Steam would be strict on a game that average player numbers are over 1 million.
Because if they do, they're legally liable for facilitating IP infringement which could cost them substantially more money than Palworld could possibly make. Same reason steam didn't allow the Dolphin emulator to get a steam release. Cynicism towards the gaming industry is a good thing, but you still have to apply logic and follow the money.

The AI claims are coming from ******** Pokémon fans because the last three Pokémon generations have been unoptimized trash and that isn't going to change anytime soon because as someone else pointed out, the games are no longer the focal point of the brand. They found a quote from one of devs saying he was interested in the possibilities of AI in gaming and ran with it. There isn't a publisher in the industry currently save for maybe devolver digital that isn't excited for AI asset generation. Squeenix has an entire vault of 30+ years of JRPG concept art that they own that could help them cut dev time down by at least two to three years with the aid of AI. This is the distopian future we live in unfortunately.

What bothers me is when fandom gets in the way of facts which is how these AI allegations in Palworld came to be.

Last edited:
I played multiplayer last night, it was so much fun and I caught a Celeray!

Because if they do, they're legally liable for facilitating IP infringement which could cost them substantially more money than Palworld could possibly make. Same reason steam didn't allow the Dolphin emulator to get a steam release. Cynicism towards the gaming industry is a good thing, but you still have to apply logic and follow the money.

The AI claims are coming from ******** Pokémon fans because the last three Pokémon generations have been unoptimized trash and that isn't going to change anytime soon because as someone else pointed out, the games are no longer the focal point of the brand. They found a quote from one of devs saying he was interested in the possibilities of AI in gaming and ran with it. There isn't a publisher in the industry currently save for maybe devolver digital that isn't excited for AI asset generation. Squeenix has an entire vault of 30+ years of JRPG concept art that they own that could help them cut dev time down by at least two to three years with the aid of AI. This is the distopian future we live in unfortunately.

What bothers me is when fandom gets in the way of facts which is how these AI allegations in Palworld came to be.
I do follow the Money, and enough money gives a lot of wiggle room.

Im not talking about upset Pokemon fans, im talking about people who focus on the general AI threat to artists.
People that have no interest in Pokemon etc, who are just interested in exposing unethical use of AI.
The developer has already been exposed to have used AI...so there are signs already there.

This has nothing to do with other Studios, we know they all are awful...but whataboutism isnt helping anything.

The developer has already been exposed to have used AI...so there are signs already there
No they haven't. As said before, the game wouldn't be on steam (or gamepass for that matter) if they had. The financial incentive for steam and Microsoft isn't there. Unless you have actual evidence to the contrary, you're just spreading misinformation.

Wait until they get into merchandising. They’ll be drowning in cash!

That’s good! Last time we played multiplayer we all got booted because of a bug.

look it’s still in early access and they clearly didn’t know it was going to be this big so all things considered they’re doing pretty well

That’s good! Last time we played multiplayer we all got booted because of a bug.

look it’s still in early access and they clearly didn’t know it was going to be this big so all things considered they’re doing pretty well
It's planned to be in early access for a long time I think, and yeah, no way they or anyone had any idea how big this would become. It could have gone completely under the radar with so little marketing. It's a bigger launch than many huge AAA games, and all run by a tiny team many of who are very inexperienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"