• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Partners Are Sticking By Their TDK Deals

I would have to agree, there has been no confirmation at all, that there is a Batman 3 script.

There is a writers strike on right now. So no script would be surfacing anytime soon.

I don't think anyone is saying there is a script but didn't goyer write an outline fro 2 movies after begins?
It doesn't matter how ledger died guys, but if I'm going to guess I'd say an acidental overdose on more then just sleeping pills. It's just very suspicious that the house keeper called mary kae olsen twice before they called the police and then a rolled up twenty was found. Usually when someone calls someone other then the police first they are trying to cover something up. That maid probably cleaned all the evidence up and dumped any excess mary kate had in the house.

And one more thing how come every time a buisness makes a statement there are screams of "capatilist dogs"! They are just answering a question that was widely asked. Yeah it's a buisness guys,yeah they are going to make money, and yeah their goal is to make money but that doesn't make them greedy money vampires. I'm sure their reaction is just as much sadness as yours. But they still have a buisness to run we don't.

Why are people assuming there is a Batman 3 script?

I don't think it's a matter of having a script. I think what had been said was that there were plans for the Joker to be in the third film, which still can be done. There is precedence for recasting a pivotal role, like Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies. I think Johnny Depp looks young enough to take over the part from Ledger, especially if the Joker will be wearing makeup 24/7. Remember, the character is just that, a character. Depp effectively played Sweeney Todd, the closest character one could portray without it actually being the Joker. He also has the acting clout and recognition to convincingly take over the role from Heath Ledger, especially with how Nolan is portraying Batman's archnemesis.

I don't think it's a matter of having a script. I think what had been said was that there were plans for the Joker to be in the third film, which still can be done. There is precedence for recasting a pivotal role, like Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies. I think Johnny Depp looks young enough to take over the part from Ledger, especially if the Joker will be wearing makeup 24/7. Remember, the character is just that, a character. Depp effectively played Sweeney Todd, the closest character one could portray without it actually being the Joker. He also has the acting clout and recognition to convincingly take over the role from Heath Ledger, especially with how Nolan is portraying Batman's archnemesis.

Good points. Especially about the Dumbledore switch. It can be done. :hoboj:

maaan cannot wait for toyfair to see some joker figure pics!!!

I think it's best you leave it alone.

All I'm saying is, there is no Batman 3 script. As far as we know, Goyer was the only one trying to come up with a two movie story arc for him. But Nolan doesn't think outside the film he's currently working on.

Thus, The Dark Knight is going to be a self-contained film, with very little loose ends... just like Batman Begins.

If Joker was planned, he can still be unplanned without it affecting The Dark Knight, because I doubt Nolan's thought about how connected the two films are going to be with each other.

Leave Heath's Joker alone!

I was here when Goyer originally revealed the plot details surrounding the two sequels to Begins, in an interview conducted shortly after the film's release. That's why, I think, people believe The Joker will be in Batman 3, because Goyer said, specifically, he will have a major role in the third film.

And here's why that interview is nothing to go by, now:

The plan was, as Goyer said, that The Joker would be put on trial in the third film, being captured in the second by Gordon, Batman, and Harvey Dent. Joker, on the stand, being prosecuted by Dent, would proceed to scar him with acid and turn him into Two-Face in Batman 3.

BUT, we already know that's going to happen in the second film, given the fact of numerous reports, and a full-on confirmation of Two-Face's involvement in TDK through the footage shown at Wizard World, last summer. Therefore, there's absolutely no possible way that The Joker's role in the third could remain intact, because everything that was supposed to happen in the third, will infact happen in the second.
That's why I think it'll be perfectly reasonable to leave The Joker out of the third film. They already changed the initial layouts for the trilogy.

Thank you Master Bruce, I was going to say the same thing. The only official (not Moviehole, Aint it Cool etc..) confirmation we had of the Joker being in the 3rd is what Goyer said. And his original plan has changed drastically because of the reason MB posted. So until we see how the film ends we have no reason to believe the Joker will be in part 3. And until someone can convince me how the Joker is absolutely necessary to the 3rd film, and the movie will not function without the character, then I say keep him out!

I honestly have no idea what Goyer and Nolan's plans were beforehand for Joker in the third film, but I just assumed he would make some brief cameos much like the Scarecrow in Dark Knight. I think it's pretty safe to say too, that if poor Heath hadn't of died that the simple fanfare over the Joker, permitting his character doesn't get killed in Dark Knight, would have been enough to neccesitate some Joker appearances in the third one. And the only time I ever heard of Joker scarring Dent was WAY back about a year ago or so. I remembered hearing rumors of Nolan stating that his Joker lives in his first film. But again, rumors...

I think Johnny Depp looks young enough to take over the part from Ledger, especially if the Joker will be wearing makeup 24/7. Remember, the character is just that, a character. Depp effectively played Sweeney Todd, the closest character one could portray without it actually being the Joker. He also has the acting clout and recognition to convincingly take over the role from Heath Ledger, especially with how Nolan is portraying Batman's archnemesis.

...there's mumblings about him taking over for Ledger in Gilliam's movie as well. That would be really weird if he did do both.

Fanboy wishful thinking, I guess, but it's still a weird scenario.

Depp is good, no question, but thumbs down on him as the Joker, or any other joker returning for a third film for that matter.

Good points. Especially about the Dumbledore switch. It can be done. :hoboj:

it can be done but they need to tread lightly.

...there's mumblings about him taking over for Ledger in Gilliam's movie as well. That would be really weird if he did do both.

Fanboy wishful thinking, I guess, but it's still a weird scenario.

i really hope depp finishes "imaginarium" in ledger's place. but for joker i dont think it will eber happen. i dont think any big name actors are going to want to fill ledger's shoes.

if they need a joker in the third movie, i would reduce his role to the minimum that is necessary and cast an (talented) unknown in the role. or joseph gordon levitt becuase he could pass for heath's brother.:oldrazz:

Just becaude Depp can act doesn't mean he's right for the part.

I felt like a heel for eagerly seeing if Heath's work on TDK was completely finished amid hearing news of his death, but the more I thought about it I just realized that there was nothing wrong about it. I was looking forward to his performance since the teaser was released and nothing's changed from that. It's still simply wanting to see a very talented actor doing what I thought would be his finest role and I still believe we'll see that. Confirmation of his completing the film is a bittersweet condolence, but at least I know his final role will be seen in its entirety, as Heath would've wanted it to be.

TDK wrapped back in October, and Ledger's final role was in the Terry Gilliam film, which is- far from anything entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"