• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Civil War Petition to bring Spidey back home where belongs!!!!

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I want to see Pete return.b There is a petition going on and I proudly signed. Here is the link to sign.

https://www.change.org/p/sony-colla...-to-the-spiderman-franchise?just_created=true

There's Now a Petition To Bring Spider-Man to the Marvel Cinematic Universe

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2502914?lt_source=external,manual
I signed it two or three days ago and it was sitting at 13,000 signatures at that point. Good to see it's gotten a lot of support!
Although I think this thread would be most appropriate in the Spider-man section, truth be told.

the first one said sony denied? i thought the deal wasn't closed and that they're gonna talk about it further?

Yes! I need to see Spider-Man complete the Avengers roster so Infinity War can have Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp, Falcon and SPIDER-MAN all added to the team.

I also want to see Spider-Man movies with Daredevil and Luke Cage having roles.

If Spider-Man joins the MCU, then the entire Thunderbolts roster with the exception of Juggernaut will be within the Marvel stable. (And Juggernaut is easily replaced by Abomination.)

This would also mean that there will only be two Marvel universes on the big screen which means a crossover would just have to be between Marvel and Fox.

Even if Marvel and Fox don't work out a deal, we're still looking at Thunderbolts. How awesome would that be? I'd set the first film up with villains from previous films + Songbird. The roster would be Zemo, Leader, Blizzard, Shocker and Songbird. Assuming that he appears on Iron Fist, I can also see Taskmaster making the initial lineup, otherwise Enchantress would replace Taskmaster.

Part 2 would introduce Man-Thing, Moonstone, Enchantress (or Taskmaster) and Mach.

Part 3 would put Crossbones, Sandman and Elektra on the team.

I think those are great ideas. Sony is in deep hot stickyness since they angered Great Leader got hacked and had their secrets released. I think Sony will be crawling on their knees to Disney someday. And who knows maybe Mickey Mouse will cut them a check and buy them. Once this is over we seriously have to rally together as fans and demand Fox return the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. All characters need to return. I hope we boycott their films to a point they will have to work out a xover deal with Marvel because they will be losing money. I am really hoping FF bombs. No Marvel film should be absent of Dr. Doom!

Domashev? Really?

Does Mephisto belong to fox? That would be really awesome seeing a bettle with him in Hell for his mother's soul. No instead we get the new Power rangers.

I will be seriously irked if the F4 film turns out to be good.

I really doubt comic fans have the sway or pull to actually tank films like this. Trust me if the Sony deal happens it is not going to be because of this petition.

Are you aware that there has been plans to boycott black Friday and it cost retailers an 11% dip in sales?

And since the film Exodus was a disrespectful portrayal of Egypt (I don't feel I need to explain why) it was a 121 million dollar flop?

The thing is Marvel is ingrained in the cultural conscience of everyone around the world. How many of us have great grandparents that grew up reading Timely comics? My cousin Mike got me excited for the Fantastic Four and his collection of comics is 20 years older than mine.

I remember how excited I was when I read "Battle of the Baxter Building." You don't want to see DareDevil switch minds with Doom?

But we may never see that because some greedy business man needs to buy his snotty kid a new SUV, the latest IPhone and a lawyer proficient at pleading affluenza.

These characters aren't some corporate property, they are icons dear to us. That's why I beleive that if we boycott the films Sony and Fox produce hopefully they will realize it is more profitable to give Marvel creative control.

It is awesome to see how Marvel characters interact with each other because we all know Human Torch is a jerk, but he and Spiderman are best pals and Doom almost became Sorcerer Supreme.

We owe it to ourselves to rescue these characters from these greedy corporations who only seek to make a profit by flooding the market with formulaic misrepresentations of them.

I am thinking of an early Spawn issue.

Anyway, I really hope the fans realize this, so we can see Secret Wars. I always believed that could rival the original Star Wars trilogy in it's grandeur. Will it take DC to bring a faithful Crisis movie for them to get the hint?

Like i said to someone else...

******** whinyness gets ish done.

Last edited:
Honest question: have any of these petitions ever worked, or is it more like a symbolic gesture? And, for those of you who sign them: are you this active and engaged politically, as well?

Not being snarking at all, just genuinely curious. The whole thing with signing petitions involving fictional characters sort of feels like... misplaced priorities.

Maybe not just "one" petition, but things have changed when enough people rally for it. These studios want our money, lets show them what we are willing to pay for.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"