Playstation 3 1.70 Firmware Update: PS1 Emulation is NOW

Zenien

Reaction score
DOWNLOAD OF PLAYSTATION® FORMAT SOFTWARE

• As playable on PSP™, PlayStation® format software which can be purchase and downloaded from PLAYSTATION®Store becomes playable also on PS3™. Just like PS3™ format software, download and installation are required after purchasing it.

Playable platform

• Software downloaded and played on PSP™ earlier than v 3.30 should be exchangeable by downloading it again from the “Download List” of the PLAYSTATION® store.

• Software appears on [Game] of PS3™ when download and installation have been done.

• If the software can be copied to PSP™, “copy” appears in the option menu of the software. You can copy it to PSP™ via USB connection.

• You can use the vibration function of accessories that are for use with PlayStation and PlayStation 2 format software.

• Updated Backwards Compatibility (PAL centric)

mgs_hir0921_01.jpg

"...The nuclear weapons disposal facility on Shadow Moses Island in Alaska's Fox Archipelago was attacked and captured by Next Generation Special Forces led by members of FOXHOUND..."

DOWNLOAD OF PLAYSTATION® FORMAT SOFTWARE

• As playable on PSP™, PlayStation® format software which can be purchase and downloaded from PLAYSTATION®Store becomes playable also on PS3™. Just like PS3™ format software, download and installation are required after purchasing it.
I dont have a PS3, but finally. I know alot of people will be happy with this

The screnshot looks good. Better than the PS1 and just like the PC

Will it look that good on the PSP?

I think I just came. Bring on portable FF7 and Resident Evil!

That one good news for people who don't have a psp.

mgs_hir0921_01.jpg

"...The nuclear weapons disposal facility on Shadow Moses Island in Alaska's Fox Archipelago was attacked and captured by Next Generation Special Forces led by members of FOXHOUND..."

You made me believe MGS was available for download.:cmad:

For the mother loving...

I download this, actually thinking it means PS1 games'll FINALLY be on the PS Store in the UK and nope, nadda one.

Yeah I just found taht outa s well. :o

PS1 Downloads on PS3 Explained
Why won't those PS1 store titles work? Sony enlightens us.
by Jeremy Dunham

showUSloc=(checkLocale('uk')||checkLocale('au'));document.writeln(showUSloc ? 'US, ' : '');US, April 19, 2007 - Last night's 1.7 firmware update for the PS3 was an important one for backwards compatibility fans, as it enabled the use of downloaded PlayStation One titles on the Cell-based system (previously, they were only playable on the PSP).

As some PlayStation 3 owners have already discovered, however, the existing PS One software currently available for download doesn't work. Popular speculation as to why this is points to the need to remove the certification key required to play games on Sony's portable platform.

Sony Computer Entertainment America reps confirmed this speculation to be fact with IGN this morning.

Under the current setup, two different files (the ROM and the certification key) are needed to activate PS1 software on the PSP, but such a system isn't needed for the PlayStation 3 and therein lies the conflict.

"We'll be replacing the older PS1 games with fixed versions sometime in May," said SCEA manager, Al de Leon. "Once the new games are uploaded, you'll be able to download the games straight to your hard drive and play them from there."

Users who already downloaded PS One titles will not have to pay for the PS3-compatible versions a second time. Clarification as to whether or not the "five downloads per license" rules still applies was not given.

When asked if the new versions of games that had multiplayer options disabled for PSP emulation would have those modes reinstated for PS3, Sony could not comment.

In related news, Sony did confirm that the PS Store will update later this afternoon with HD trailers of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Ratchet and Clank Future in addition to several movie teasers. New playable content won't be available this week.

Well there you have it. That last paragraph bloody does my head in. Sony, when the hell are the UK getting PS1 games? I don't care about the fooking trailers I saw months ago on this here laptop.

So let me get this straight, Im' confused.

These games won't work on PS3 yet, and were never meant for PSP?

What games will be PSP playable? This is the only reason is was gonna keep the PSP after GoW was finished.

Has anyone tried playing a PS1 game disc in the PS3? If that doesn't work then this update is totally mind boggling. It shouldn't be too hard to upload a couple of PS1 games. I mean really. :o

SO what PS1 games will you brave and the bold PS3 owners be busting out of the closet?

I DON'T TRADE IN MY GAMES, I DON'T LIKE BUYING STUFF THAT'S USED, SO I STILL HAVE ALL MY GAMES, AROUND 150 PS1, PS2, PSP, AND PS3 GAMES!!!:o THE ORIGINAL SPIDER-MAN GAME FOR THE PS1 SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD CHOICE RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!!:oldrazz::D:up:

the only PS1 game I own that I have never gotten rid of is Castlevania: SOTN. That was simply the greatest game ever made

Could someone tell me whether emulation with be used on the PSP? I've read to posts and I'm confused.

PSP can emulate all PS1, but you'll only be able to use the PS1 games you can download from the PS3 store (barely any) unless you havea cracked PSP.

Frickin awesome, does my PSP need any download firmware updates or emulation software?

How big are the games file sizewise?

Sorry for all the questions.

All you need for your PSP is the latest firmware.

Or if you have a cracked PSP running whatever hacked firmware that I can't remember, you can just rip PS1 games to your memory stick by hooking your PSP up to your PC with a USB cable.

They're probably pretty big no idea. Maybe some of the people whoa re actually filthy pirates can enlighten us :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"