Plot holes or inconsistencies in Episodes 4-6.

Revenge of the Sith. He went on the mission with Anakin and Obi-Wan together. Also, Anakin and Obi-Wan got into that whole argument about R2 and how R2 was having trouble. Also The Clone Wars. They interacted plenty of times.

I should have been more clear in my post - there are no times in the Prequels or TCW where Obi-Wan acknowledges Artoo or any droid as being anything more than an tool or appliance.

Just because Kenobi interacts with Artoo does not mean he views him as anything more than a droid just like the thousands of others.

The argument in RotS is simply to wind Anakin up. The Prequels and TCW don't make a big deal of it, but there are several points at which it is made clear that Kenobi thinks of droids as sophisticated spanners.

Unless Artoo specifically identified himself as Anakin's R2 unit Kenobi would never be able to tell the difference and hether you like it or not, this is exactly what happens on screen.

I find it a bigger problem that Chewbacca interacted with Yoda, and yet was best buds with a guy who didn't even believe the force existed.

I should have been more clear in my post - there are no times in the Prequels or TCW where Obi-Wan acknowledges Artoo or any droid as being anything more than an tool or appliance.

Just because Kenobi interacts with Artoo does not mean he views him as anything more than a droid just like the thousands of others.

The argument in RotS is simply to wind Anakin up. The Prequels and TCW don't make a big deal of it, but there are several points at which it is made clear that Kenobi thinks of droids as sophisticated spanners.

Unless Artoo specifically identified himself as Anakin's R2 unit Kenobi would never be able to tell the difference and hether you like it or not, this is exactly what happens on screen.

He greets him as a friend and comrade here. So I would say that's wrong.

[YT]tpZ7YzFJEO8[/YT]

I find it a bigger problem that Chewbacca interacted with Yoda, and yet was best buds with a guy who didn't even believe the force existed.

By that point, the Jedi were already dead. It's hard for anyone to believe in the force after Darth Vader, Emperor Sidious, and the Empire have literally and figuratively destroyed the jedi's legacy.

Last edited:
Yeah but it's not like the way Luke and R2 were reunited. R2 doesn't even recognize Obi-Wan. The proper way to follow-up that line would've been, "I don't seem to remember ever owning a droid, but I do remember this little fellow. We got into quite a bit of trouble together."

Simply, blame it on bad writing of the prequels ;)

Yeah well, R2 had his memory erased at the end of Revenge of the Sith so how could he recognize Obi-wan?

Yeah well, R2 had his memory erased at the end of Revenge of the Sith so how could he recognize Obi-wan?

[YT]K8J2l0XQG0g[/YT]

Nope. Just C3PO mind-wiped, not R2D2. "Clean them up. Treat them well. Have the protocol droid's mind wiped."

I think it's a pretty big plot hole that Han didn't pay off Jabba between ANH and TESB (Jabba was already sending people to hunt him down), especially given that officially three years take place between the films.

[YT]K8J2l0XQG0g[/YT]

Nope. Just C3PO mind-wiped, not R2D2. "Clean them up. Treat them well. Have the protocol droid's mind wiped."

If R2 still has his memories, why didn't he tell Luke that Darth Vader is his father or that Princess Leia is his sister? He saw both kids being born at the same time and has no reason to keep silent for so long. That doesn't make any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"