Poll: Days OF Future Past Or Logan? Which Movie Would've been The Best Sendoff For the Fox-Men?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
Dark Phoenix is out! And the reviews are shall we say less than stellar and the box office isn't looking to be so hot either. Having seen the film myself its...just not the grand conclusion to the franchise that something like Logan or Days Of Future Past could've been if the franchise stopped with either one of them so between DOFP and Logan which movie do you think would've been the best goodbye to the franchise instead of Dark Phoenix?

Before y'all vote I'll post this.

Both of these endings are equally powerful but man they couldn't be anymore different from each other in terms of tone. One is a triumphant while the other is depressing.
For me, even though I like the ending of Logan I still find it to be too depressing for the franchise to end off on. I much prefer the happier more optimistic ending of Days Of Future Past over the somber but hopeful way Logan ends.

Both are still way better sendoffs than whats currently playing in cinemas right now.

Last edited:
Days of Future Past.

I know y’all love Logan, but that movie always put a bad taste in my mouth for killing off the whole team to just give Wolverine a story.

This.

Logan is the better movie IMO... but it's an else world tale.. it doesn't really align with the other movies.

So... DOFP I guess.

I consider Logan an elseworlds story essentially, but I think it was the best film to go out on on a quality level.

DOFP for the main series while Logan for Wolverine’s closure out of the series.

Days of future past is the nice wrap up on the X-men, Logan is the epilogue bittersweet end for both Xavier and Wolverine.

Logan, hands down. I really like Days of Future Past, but Logan is the superior film.

Days of future Past.

Logan killed off the X-Men off screen and consisted of mostly new characters, how is that better as a send off? Days of Future Past was like a celebration of the previous films.

Definitely DofP. Logan is the story of one X-Man featuring Xavier. Cant really say goodbye properly when there's hardly anyone to say goodbye to.

Best film: Logan
Best sendoff: DOFP

DoFP. Logan and Deadpool are far too violent and profane for younger, prudish, and squeamish X-Men fans; as well as Logan being too depressing for many people compared to the other movies and all of the eccentric fourth wall awareness in Deadpool.

Logan and Deadpool are to be viewed as alternate timeline movies in the franchise.

Logan, its too good an ending not to be it....

Logan-Grave-Wolverine-Marker.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"