Predictions for the best Comic Book Movies of 2009.

and GI Joe is a comic book movie..? Or is it a comic book movie the same way Transformers is..? Meaning, loosely..

That's what I went over earlier. Personally I wouldn't classify either, since their roots are in toys rather than comics, but if you are going to include one of them, you have to include the other. I don't know Transformer comics, but I still have all my Joe comics from the 80's and those were very strong, well done stories..particularly in that mid-80's eara when they explored the relationship between Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow. That was an eara when ninjas were the rage (as evidenced by my Halloween costumes all through Jr High School). Snake-Eyes was the best, most tragic character.

In fact, G.I. Joe is the ONLY monthly comic I have EVER seen a televised commercial for. Check out this TV commercial compilation

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXY8BMXDKSA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXY8BMXDKSA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

The first half of those commercials were before there was a Joe cartoon (as evidenced by Destro's voice), so it was exciting to see segments of the comics animated on TV. Has anyone ever seen another commercial advertisment for a monthly comic? It was a HUGE seller for Marvel at the time. Some of you may want to pick up some trades of those comics from that time. Honestly, it's good stuff.
Despite that, I still wouldn't consider Joe or Transformers a comic movie, but rather movies about Toy franchises that had comics and cartoons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"