PS3 beats x360 in teh graffiks departments!!!!!11!

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
OMG! liek its teh endz of teh worldz... JAJAJAJJAJAJA :fanboy:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/727/727917p1.html

IGN are reporting that PS3 has a slight edge over x360 with Virtua Tennis 3...
Plainly put, the PS3 looked a little better with sharper textures and incredibly detailed player models. It was almost eerie when we noticed the veins sticking out in our character's forehead.

To be fair, however, IGN does say that the different versions are being worked on by two different companies -- which could account for the slight differences. But, we're sure this won't stop the many fanboys ready to defend their camp on this new info.

It's really not that shocking. The consoles are so similar in terms of power it probably all comes down to who can work the console that little bit better.

Still, nice to see the PS3 showing the better graphics, even if it is only Virtua Tennis.

Woot! Go PS3! Stuff it MS! :p

Seriously though, I think it'll come down to games being developed for the systems. If enough work is put into it, a 360 game could look better than PS3 game.

Yeah, but didn't the 360 version of F.E.A.R look a lot better than the PS3's despite the fact that they're both being handled by the same developer? :confused:

I guess the 360 version is being made by the inferior company.

WhatsHisFace said:
I guess the 360 version is being made by the inferior company.

Looked it up at Gamespot and it appears both versions are being done by the same developer.

Fenrir said:
Looked it up at Gamespot and it appears both versions are being done by the same developer.
Both are being done by Sega, but by different studios. Same company, different groups of talent, or in the case of the 360 version, talentless losers.

Manny Calavera said:
Both are being done by Sega, but by different studios. Same company, different groups of talent, or in the case of the 360 version, talentless losers.

I was talking F.E.A.R not Virtua Tennis, where in the case of F.E.A.R both versions are being done by the same developer yet the 360 version looks significantly better than the PS3's.

Fenrir said:
I was talking F.E.A.R not Virtua Tennis, where in the case of F.E.A.R both versions are being done by the same developer yet the 360 version looks significantly better than the PS3's.
Presumably developing for the 360 is easier. There's already a years worth of experience out there. A greater understanding of how to push the system. It boils down to greater experience, not greater graphical capabilities.

Avalanche said:
Presumably developing for the 360 is easier. There's already a years worth of experience out there. A greater understanding of how to push the system. It boils down to greater experience, not greater graphical capabilities.

But if that's the case, doesn't the 360 have an advantage either way? If you correct about easier development and familiar hardware is the reason why a multiplatform game handled by the same developer looks better on the 360, wouldn't every other such game too? How would the PS3 ever negate that advantage considering the fact that the 360's PC based architecture will always be easier and more familiar to devs than the PS3's ever will be? And besides, there has been a lot of ruckus about the PS3's graphical capabilities where some say it's got a slight edge over the 360, where others say it's got useless surplus horsepower than can't be properly utilized in games.

I'd agree with what you say. At the moment, the 360 does have the advantage. The first generation PS3 games aren't going to compete with the second generation 360 games.

I think it won't be for another year until we see the graphics neck and neck, with the PS3 coming out with a few truly beautiful games.

For now, 360 is winning in the graphics department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"