• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Question about Romreo Zombie Movies Timeline

Triadkd

Civilian
Reaction score
Are romero's zombie movies taking place in a linear timeline? For example NOTLD came out in 68 and LOTD came out in 05. Does that mean zombies have been roaming the earth for nealy 40 years? Or is it that each movie takes place in it's on timeline and the zombie outbreaks happened at different times in each film.

Triadkd said:
Are romero's zombie movies taking place in a linear timeline? For example NOTLD came out in 68 and LOTD came out in 05. Does that mean zombies have been roaming the earth for nealy 40 years? Or is it that each movie takes place in it's on timeline and the zombie outbreaks happened at different times in each film.

How is Batman still in his mid 30s? Sometimes you have to just go with the flow ;)

For the later two..Day and Land..I think there is supposed to be a significant amount of distance seperating them from the others, but I was always of the feeling that Dawn took place very shortly after Night.

this sounds like a job for google and wikipedia

My initial understanding was that the outbreak started with Night of the Living Dead and that each film following took place within that same timeline.

Night of the living dead is the start of the outbreak, I think Dawn of the Dead is a couple of weeks into the outbreak, Day of the Dead takes place either a couple of months, or years after the outbreak, and finally Land of the Dead is the same deal as Day of the Dead, meaning it's been quite sometime since the initial outbreak.

Thats how I see it, anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"