Questions about the Civil War

LEX

Avenger
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll just ask you guys here.

I've been hearing a lot about this Civil War mini-series coming up and it got me hyped. So, what I want to know is that:

1. What do I need to read in order to keep up with the Civil War? I've heard that Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Namor, The New Avengers, etc etc will be participating in the war. Is it necessary to read their comics first?

2. Are there anything important about the Civil War I should know?

3. Will I miss out on anything if I start reading the first issue of Civil War when it comes out and not read the tie-ins?

4. Will the New Avengers be a big part in the Civil War?

5. How did it all begin?

Thanks in advance.

i was thinking the same thing, this Civil War thing looks interesting, but i'm more of a DC guy myself.

x-men are barely in the main storyline,but have their own tie in book

Mr Lex Luthor said:
1. What do I need to read in order to keep up with the Civil War? I've heard that Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Namor, The New Avengers, etc etc will be participating in the war. Is it necessary to read their comics first?

CivilWarCD03.jpg

Mr Lex Luthor said:
2. Are there anything important about the Civil War I should know?

I'm sure to the writers it's all important :)

3. Will I miss out on anything if I start reading the first issue of Civil War when it comes out and not read the tie-ins?

I have no idea..sorrry

4. Will the New Avengers be a big part in the Civil War?

It would appear the New Avengers will play a very large part....espeshially Spidey who seems to be the one who'll be most affected

5. How did it all begin?

Team of Superheroes accidentally cause the deaths of 100's of innocents....government looking to register all super powered beings....

Thanks. :)

Hope that helped

Thank you very much. Great help, you've been. :) I'm glad to hear that the New Avengers will play a big part since I've been focusing mainly on their comics.

I'm hearing something about Captain America be against the Super-Human Registration Act and Iron Man is supporting it. So, they'll be fighting against each other? Sounds mind-blowing. :up:

Still need to get New Avengers: Illuminati.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Thank you very much. Great help, you've been. :) I'm glad to hear that the New Avengers will play a big part since I've been focusing mainly on their comics.

I'm hearing something about Captain America be against the Super-Human Registration Act and Iron Man is supporting it. So, they'll be fighting against each other? Sounds mind-blowing. :up:

Still need to get New Avengers: Illuminati.

The Fantastic four and Amazing Spider-man comics will both be a big part of it. However I think you'll do just find being able to understand everythin' without readin' 'em, they just expand on what's happenin' in Civil War itself.

The whole registration started before the 100 kids died, also. The governement was allready lookin' into makin' all " Superheroes " reveal their identities. Tony Stark and Spidey were actually in court discussin' the issue when they were attacked.

New Avengers will play perhaps the biggest role. The upcoming NA arc is called " DISSASEMBLED " which will mean the team is splittin'. Spider-man has probably got the biggest part ta play outta 'em all.

XwolverineX said:
The Fantastic four and Amazing Spider-man comics will both be a big part of it. However I think you'll do just find being able to understand everythin' without readin' 'em, they just expand on what's happenin' in Civil War itself.

The whole registration started before the 100 kids died, also. The governement was allready lookin' into makin' all " Superheroes " reveal their identities. Tony Stark and Spidey were actually in court discussin' the issue when they were attacked.

New Avengers will play perhaps the biggest role. The upcoming NA arc is called " DISSASEMBLED " which will mean the team is splittin'. Spider-man has probably got the biggest part ta play outta 'em all.
Thanks. I just want to make sure that I'm up-to-date with the upcoming Civil War mini-series, so I don't get lost.

Oh, one more question. About this new NA Disassembled arc, will this be in the NA comics? I'm currently at The New Avengers, issue 18. Is it the current issue?

LEX: my suggestion, you should definitely read the New Avengers: Illuminati special before you read Civil War #1. New Avengers will likely be VERY tied to the crossover, so you may want to stick with that. However, beyond that you probably don't have to read anything else unless you want to. They do this with crossovers all the time: All you have to is read the main series, and if you're curious about what's going on behind the scenes with some of the other characters, then you can check out their tie ins. But you absolutely do not have to, and it would probably be a waste of a fair amount of money if you bought too many of them.

Lex...

How in god's name are you at over 8,000 posts when you've been here less than 2 months? Jesus man, did the wife take the kids and leave you with nothing but the computer or something?

Elijya said:
LEX: my suggestion, you should definitely read the New Avengers: Illuminati special before you read Civil War #1. New Avengers will likely be VERY tied to the crossover, so you may want to stick with that. However, beyond that you probably don't have to read anything else unless you want to. They do this with crossovers all the time: All you have to is read the main series, and if you're curious about what's going on behind the scenes with some of the other characters, then you can check out their tie ins. But you absolutely do not have to, and it would probably be a waste of a fair amount of money if you bought too many of them.
I just read that one about several hours ago. I really enjoyed it a lot. Prince Namor kicks ass. I think he's my new favourite character right now. Lots of information about the SHRA in there.

Thanks for your time.

Elijya said:

Lex...

How in god's name are you at over 8,000 posts when you've been here less than 2 months? Jesus man, did the wife take the kids and leave you with nothing but the computer or something?
Heh. Honestly, I have no idea, but I suppose I post and often lose track of time. I didn't know there was a Marvel Comics board, so I'm very grateful that I found this board when a friend suggested me to come here.

Im not much of a Marvel reader either, so can someone sum up what this storyline is? Who's fighting who and why? I'd like to know, but not enough to buy the comics and play catch-up.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Thanks. I just want to make sure that I'm up-to-date with the upcoming Civil War mini-series, so I don't get lost.

Oh, one more question. About this new NA Disassembled arc, will this be in the NA comics? I'm currently at The New Avengers, issue 18. Is it the current issue?

Yes, It's the upcomin' arc in New Avengers. Issue 21 I think?

The government is enacting legislation that will require all superheroes to register, reveal their identities, and work for them if they want to continue to operate. Obviously not everyone agrees with that, so that's why there's a Civil War.

XwolverineX said:
Yes, It's the upcomin' arc in New Avengers. Issue 21 I think?
Oh, thanks. I just thought at first that the arc was going to be in different comics. Great to hear.

I hear Mister Fantastic is supporting the SHRA and Invisible Woman/Human Torch are against it. So, it should make a very interesting fight. I've always wanted to see Iron Man versus Captain America for a long time now. Should be awesome. :D

Mr Lex Luthor said:
I've always wanted to see Iron Man versus Captain America for a long time now. Should be awesome. :D
If your store has back issues, look for Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty #5 and 6

14638338286.6.gif

I'll keep an eye out for that.

Elijya said:
If your store has back issues, look for Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty #5 and 6

14638338286.6.gif

Damn that is a f***ing awesome pic. Why were they fighting then?

Caliber said:
Damn that is a f***ing awesome pic. Why were they fighting then?
It's really good story by Waid. It was set right after Cap was reawoken from the ice, and IM was taking him around New York. They get attacked by some robots or something, and they're seperated. Iron Man is thinking Cap must have gotten knocked out, because he's not really that useful because he's only human. Meanwhile, we see Cap's actually kicking major ass. Then whatever they were fighting gets control of IM's armor and sends him after Steve, who promptly trounces him.

Elijya said:
It's really good story by Waid. It was set right after Cap was reawoken from the ice, and IM was taking him around New York. They get attacked by some robots or something, and they're seperated. Iron Man is thinking Cap must have gotten knocked out, because he's not really that useful because he's only human. Meanwhile, we see Cap's actually kicking major ass. Then whatever they were fighting gets control of IM's armor and sends him after Steve, who promptly trounces him.

Damn Cap is ready for anything.

Elijya said:
The government is enacting legislation that will require all superheroes to register, reveal their identities, and work for them if they want to continue to operate. Obviously not everyone agrees with that, so that's why there's a Civil War.

Is it metahumans fighting the government? I can't imagine heroes or villains who would go along with that. Sounds promising....and alot like the first X-men movie with Senator Kelly.

Who is your avatar? I keep thinking Cary Grant for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"