Questions about Wii Memory

Reaction score
I'm gonna buy a Wii as soon as I find one and wanted to know something, are the only memory cards for the Wii those SP cards, can you use GameCube memory cards for Wii games or downloads. I still have a GameCube memory card with a lot of space on it and was wondering if that will work with Wii games or VC downloads.

Also as far as controllers, you need the classic controller for most VC games right? Does this work for GameCube games as well? I sold my GameCube a while, but kept most of the games since I knew the Wii was backward compatible. I stupidly included all my GameCube controllers, so can I use the classic controller for both VC games and GameCube games? Thanks in advance for any answers.

I'm gonna buy a Wii as soon as I find one and wanted to know something, are the only memory cards for the Wii those SP cards, can you use GameCube memory cards for Wii games or downloads. I still have a GameCube memory card with a lot of space on it and was wondering if that will work with Wii games or VC downloads.

Also as far as controllers, you need the classic controller for most VC games right? Does this work for GameCube games as well? I sold my GameCube a while, but kept most of the games since I knew the Wii was backward compatible. I stupidly included all my GameCube controllers, so can I use the classic controller for both VC games and GameCube games? Thanks in advance for any answers.

The GCN memory cards only work for the GCN games.

You have to use an SP card for any storing of Wii info....but most of what I have used so far has been internal memory. I have not found the need for an SP card yet.

The GCN memory cards only work for the GCN games.

You have to use an SP card for any storing of Wii info....but most of what I have used so far has been internal memory. I have not found the need for an SP card yet.

Oh, it's got internal memory, cool. How much internal memory does it have? Do you have many VC games? I'm really only planning on getting Zelda right now and downloading a few VC games, like Toe Jam and Earl, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus.

It still works on a block-based system. Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that all of those blocks translates to 512 MB, which is more than enough. I only use my SD card for pictures and mp3 to be viewed, sent, heard, etc.

yeah, 512mb internal, and then you can use SD cards...the gamecube games only work for gamecube games, and you NEED them to save gamecube games :o

The Wii's internal memory is more than enough. I suggest just getting a 512MB SD card to transport data. They're only $20-$25 and more than enough space.

I have a 1 gig myself, that I already had for a digital camera that I just no longer use...so, yay for me :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"