Legend of Zelda R.I.P. - Zelda:TP for GC

It is quite obvious it was ripped off the Wiimote image. That is much more gimmecky.

You call it gimmecky, but if it works it will be innovation. Was the analog stick on N64 a gimmeck? Was Playstation's CD-rom based game a gimmeck? Did Sega Genesis being the first to do 16-bits instead of 8-bits a gimmeck?

Please. It's the next step in gaming and there is a reason why almost everyone who has used them calls them brilliant. Now, I don't know if it is that (I bet next generation will be MUCH more refined than the wii-mote is now) but I thinki it deserves to be called more than a gimmeck. If that is a case than the PS3 bringing in 1080p HD is nothing but a gimmeck too then.

DACrowe said:
Was the analog stick on N64 a gimmeck? Was Playstation's CD-rom based game a gimmeck? Did Sega Genesis being the first to do 16-bits instead of 8-bits a gimmeck?

Jeebus. The word GIMMICK is there RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU and you STILL can't spell it right. Your post if full of idiocy before I even start to read it.

Technology updates such as memory, storage, etc are not gimmicks as it's an essentially unchanging part of gaming. But to design an entire product around a more limited interface, yes. It's a gimmick. Like the Dual Screen-two screens, totally pointless, nothing you can't do with ONE screen, but look-IT HAS TWO! TWO! Wave your remote around-it doesn't actually know what you're doing, it only senses basic movement, but isn't it almost sorta kinda not quite but we can hype you into almost thinking about virtual reality?! Who needs precise control and options!?

PS, if you're talking rips/gimmicks, analog wasn't exactly a Nintendo innovation. Hello, PC gaming AGAIN.

Such anger. He really does hate himself.

MrHateYourself said:
Technology updates such as memory, storage, etc are not gimmicks as it's an essentially unchanging part of gaming. But to design an entire product around a more limited interface, yes. It's a gimmick. Like the Dual Screen-two screens, totally pointless, nothing you can't do with ONE screen, but look-IT HAS TWO! TWO! Wave your remote around-it doesn't actually know what you're doing, it only senses basic movement, but isn't it almost sorta kinda not quite but we can hype you into almost thinking about virtual reality?! Who needs precise control and options!?

A gimmick that has sold 35.88 million units and made Nintendo millions. Some pointless gimmick, huh?

PS, if you're talking rips/gimmicks, analog wasn't exactly a Nintendo innovation. Hello, PC gaming AGAIN.

1) The technology of analog sticks and the joysticks on computers are completely different.
2) PC games have done just about everything before console games have so the statement holds little weight.

Spidey-Bat said:
A gimmick that has sold 35.88 million units and made Nintendo millions. Some pointless gimmick, huh?

Yes, yes it is. Explain what you can only do with two screens that you couldn't with one? It's a slightly different beast for PC/Mac users-I can run software fullscreen on one screen (say, WoW or Unreal 2004) and run AIM, a window with a walkthrough, etc. For console gaming?

Well, I guess it does have it's uses-all those years ago, playing Mario on the tv, I always wished that I could block half of my visible area with a bar displaying how far in the level I am.....or Metroid Prime, that corner minimap is silly-I need HALF my screenspace dominated by a few blips, not some detailed map. I've also always wished that the top half and bottom half of my tv/monitor wouldn't synch up if there were an image that needed the full space.

MrHateYourself said:
Yes, yes it is. Explain what you can only do with two screens that you couldn't with one?

Well, I guess it does have it's uses-all those years ago, playing Mario on the tv, I always wished that I could block half of my visible area with a bar displaying how far in the level I am.....or Metroid Prime, that corner minimap is silly-I need HALF my screenspace dominated by a few blips, not some detailed map. I've also always wished that the top half and bottom half of my tv/monitor wouldn't synch up if there were an image that needed the full space.

What you can do with a touch screen that you can't do with a regular screen?

You are oversimplifying the DS. You're ignoring the fact that one screen is a touch screen and just using the whole "2 screens are useless" argument. If you've every played a DS (and I don't mean playing the demos at kiosks in stores), you'd know what they are used for. It's simple stuff, not really ground breaking, but it makes the gameplay more interactive. It's not just about pressing buttons with the DS.

Yes, I have a DS.

So, if it's all about the touch, then what's the point of hyping dual screens or even designing the system around two screens? Why isn't it the Nintendo Touch, with a single very nicely sized touch screen?

MrHateYourself (the name really does say it all?) I spelled gimmick wrong, so what? Grow the **** up. Do you understand INNOVATION? When Sony and Microsoft start using their own (probably more refined) versions of the Wiimote in 5 years or so and the industry goes in that direction, will it still be "just a gimmick?"

YOur argument is bull****. By your logic than we might as well say the analog stick was a gimmick, as was the 16 bit jump, the 3D jump (why play video games like Mario 64, when Super Mario World works just as well and I also got Final Fantasy III and Metal Gear....what does PSX offer?! :rolleyes: ), the disc based gaming (which actually comes from Sega CDs if we're getting anal), the 128 bit jump and now the HD jump....(deep breath).....

ARE ALL GIMMICKS. And don't give me this memory based bull****. If innovating it to motion control is a gimmick than changing it so you can get more quality in the details of graphics, framerates, movements, HD features etc. is a gimmick.

What we have here is a case of hypocracy in the inth degree, I guess.

MrHateYourself said:
Yes, I have a DS.

So, if it's all about the touch, then what's the point of hyping dual screens or even designing the system around two screens? Why isn't it the Nintendo Touch, with a single very nicely sized touch screen?

I don't believe you. If you did, you'd understand more why there are 2 screens and you wouldn't be *****ing about there being 2 screens.

They probably went with 2 screens instead of 1 touch b/c:

A) resolution on the touch screen is poor (play a GBA game and set it that it plays on the touch screen part).
B) It opens up opportunities for developers. The touch screen allows new, interactive gameplay for handhelds. The old style of the d-pad and a few buttons could not last forever.

CantThinkOfAName said:
We have an Xbox in the room and we're gonna see how many of our penises we can fit into it. Then we'll tape it and send it to the police to taunt them.

You too? dammit...and here I thought I was being so original :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"