Rank movie genres!

TX85

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm curious how you would rank movie genres in order to your liking for your favorites,Mine would be..

Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Action
Action/Adventure
Documentary
Horror
Martial Arts
Comedy
Thriller
Mystery
Crime
Drama
Family
Animation
Sports
Western
Romance
Musicals

Isn't Martial Arts just Action?

These days it's all about genre blending.
MoS for example.

If I had to choose one, it would be Drama.
Not only has it infected just about all genre's but it's the one I can only entirely on it's own.

Romantic comedies, period dramas and Westerns are way down my list, I've no interest in them.

These genre's often intertwine but here goes.

Action
Thriller
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Mystery
Action/Adventure
Western
Animation
Crime
Comedy

This is the most ridiculous ranking I have ever seen.

Science fiction and horror are all that matter to me. Also comedy!

Drama
Action
Sci Fi /Fantasy
Horror
Comedy

I've never really thought about ranking genres. I don't have a favourite but if my DVD collection is anything to go by I enjoy films with some form of weaponry involved.

BTW Luis, Animation isn't a genre, it's a medium.

IMO, if the movie's good, the movie's good. The only genre I can't for the life of me stand is anime. Blech. I've liked one or two things I've seen in terms of concept, but I can't stand the presentation. But that's the only exception. I'll watch anything else.

Superhero
Sci-Fi
Fantasy
Drama
Action
Thriller
Comedy
Chick Flick
Horror

Action
Drama
Comedy
Horror

If the movie is good it doesn't matter to me what category it falls under.

IMO, if the movie's good, the movie's good. The only genre I can't for the life of me stand is anime. Blech. I've liked one or two things I've seen in terms of concept, but I can't stand the presentation. But that's the only exception. I'll watch anything else.

I'm with you. I can't stand some tropes of eastern storytelling in anime and Japanese video games, especially JRPGs.

I've never been able to warm to eastern styles of storytelling myself either. Especially when it comes to animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"