Luke Cage RATE then REVIEW the second season of LUKE CAGE!

I voted 9, purely because I felt that that at the end of the season, things felt rushed. Mike's performance compared to the first season is better. Like his running style, a bit choppy, but better in character.

Any ideas what's going to be in season 3?

Its been a while, but I just finished Luke Cage Season 2 .

Pros:

Bushmaster - Acting/action/backstory. Mustafa Shakir nailed it. Excellent!

Mariah's descent into thug lyfe - Alfre Woodard did an awesome job.

Music - Luke has the best music of all the MCU Netflix shows.

Action - The fights were 20x better and visceral than Season 1

Danny in ep 10 was 10 x better than his own series. His and Lukes camaraderie felt a lot more natural.

This season was more consistently good compared to last one.

Lukes new status at the end seems an interesting way to take the character. While I dont want him outright being a villain, I like that its gets him more to the gray, than being a white knight all the time.

Cons

A little stretched out. "I'm sorry but our Bushmaster is in another castle" lol

Episode 12's last 10 minutes should have been added to ep 13. Many of the Netflix MCU shows have denouements mostly for the last episode which is the downward stroke. They need the rising part and the falling part.

Tilda at the end. Her motivation was to be clear of Stokes/Mariah's influence yet at the end of the season shes upset at not getting the club, imo her motivation seems forced if theyre going to make her into a villain.

Nandi being crooked felt shoehorned in.

I didnt care for Shades and his acting felt meh. I hope he is in a lesser role next season.

I wish Luke's dad had a role in the final episodes. I know is arc was completed a few eps but I would have liked to have seen his reaction to Lukes new status.

Overall: 8.5/10

This season was superior to the previous one. Ironically one started off strong but fell apart towards the end, specifically when Cotton Mouth was killed off. This season started off slow but once it got started it never let up.

Bushmaster was the biggest reason for the season's growth. IMO he is the second best villian in the Defenders shows. At the beginning I thought he was your typical bad guy and I was hoping Luke would give him a bloody good beat down. However as the story progressed and the more I learned from his back story the more I wanted him to pull through.

Last edited:
Luke Cage Season 2 - 8/10

Was really surprised with how good this was after how weak the first season ended up being. Great exploration of themes and honestly, I could watch a crime show just centered on the Stokes-Dillard crime ring without Luke Cage and all the superhero elements. Good exploration of Luke's character and challenges. Bushmaster worked rather well as a kind of anti-villain, which is a nice change of course, especially compared to the other bad guys on the show. Season started off kind of sluggish, but after episode 7, it picked up full steam and kept going. Finale was WAY overlong though. I thought that the finale was going to end like at least ten times but it kept going. Still got me actually excited for another season of Luke Cage which I cannot say the first season or JJ's S2 left me feeling.

My Rankings of MCU Netflix:
1. Daredevil S1
2. Jessica Jones S1
3. Luke Cage S2
4. Punisher S1
5. Daredevil S2
6. Iron Fist S1
7. Jessica Jones S2
8. Luke Cage S1
9. The Defenders

Finally got around to watching it. It was a very satisfactory follow up, and in some ways a little better than the first season. Bushmaster was excellent, as was Mariah. Loved the Luke-Danny episode. A decent ending for the next season to follow.

so was Bushmaster (more or less) merged with Hardcore for the creation of the TV character? Was comics Bushmaster much of a martial artist? The TV version seems to do a lot of capoiera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"