• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Rate Your Spidey Games

DACMAN

The Spidey Fan
Reaction score
The new Spider-Man game thread gave me this idea. Rate your favorite to least favorite Spidey games. What do you want to see carried over to the new one and what can you live without forever?

The order I'd put my Spider-Man games are:

1. Spider-Man Web of Shadows-Best combat in a Spider-Man game ever, the only Spidey game that lets you actually fight just like Spider-Man, and possibly best swinging. Great story (not executed great though) and I love fighting next to Wolverine and switching in and out of the black suit and coming up with my own combos. Moments in the game that I actually talk about after it's over. Like the darksuit choice after beating symbiote Wolverine! Freaken crazy! I also thought the swinging in the game was great. Oh and I'm kind of a pole swinging ****e. So any Spidey game that can let you swing around poles is at least fun for me in that regard. And you could do it horizontally and vertically!!!! Annoying voice actor for Spidey though. He did a good job only when he was being "dark Spidey". Best Spidey graphics so far, great music, and completely destructable environments.

2. Spider-Man 3-Good story that is chock-full of Spider-Man lore. Birth of Venom, Sandman, Green Goblin, Lizard, and even a few good Kingpin/DeWolf/cop stories. Decent combat, most realistic swinging, I actually liked the button-cinamatics or whatever they're called. They really show off Spidey's agility. Great arena mode, ok race missions. Fun Peter missions and the most fun achievements out of any 360 game I have (500 point photo baby!). Side crime actually has a story to it. And you can travel from the tops of New York to the sewers and subways. The city was filled with smoke for some reason making the graphics less impressive and the game was buggy as heck sometimes. Plus the sky diving parts were a joke as was the playable Goblin.

3. Ultimate Spider-Man-Best story out of all of them. The presentation was amazing, as was the comicbooky graphics. And it was a blast playing as Venom. Why wasn't this my number one? The combat was terrible. And most of the missions boiled down to chasing someone, or running from someone. And no pole swinging...:cmad:

4. Spider-Man 2-Ok combat, great swinging, terrible graphics, and goofy as heck story line with Mystero. I remember actually fighting a clown in a fun house, and having to prove that Spidey wasn't a fake who actually doesn't have superpowers:whatever:. Though I liked the fake space alien invasion part. This showed us the first freeroam Spidey but had alot to improve on. Good game.

5. Spider-Man PS1-Fun as heck at the time. Still have this one too. Everything in it didn't date well though. Combat, graphics, music, and even storyline are all pretty bad compared to todays standards. But having played it recently it still had it's fun parts. Like running from the cops, or my favorite part running from Monster Ock.

6. Spider-Man:the Movie game-Game was ok on every level. Not really fun at all anymore. At least Spidey on the PS1 still has fun parts.

7. Spider-Man:Friend or Foe-Subpar in everyway. I thought the multiplayer was decent, and some of the things Spidey said was funny and some of his moves looked pretty good. The opening cinema looked great. But the game was extremely repetitive and boring. But I actually beat the game.

8. Spider-Man 2 Enter Electro-Unlike Spider-Man FoF, I have not beaten this game. I still have it and I have never beaten it because I thought it was just too darn boring. That's saying alot considering I actually ended up beating Spider-Man FoF, but maybe that was just because it was fun getting achievements. Who knows.

Last edited:
1 Spider-Man 3 (PS3 / PC)
2 Spider-Man 2 (PS2)
3 Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2)
4 Spider-Man : The Movie (PS2)
5 Spider-Man (N64 / PS1)
6 Spider-Man : EE
7 Spider-Man : WOS
8 The Amazing Spider-Man (GB) : the only spider-man game i have that i have NEVER beaten. too damn hard.

plan on getting some more after AA...

Last edited:
1. Spider-Man 2 (PS2) 9/10
2. Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (360) 7/10
3. Spider-Man 3 (360) 6/10

That's all for now, I might rent FOF if I ever start renting games since it has easy achievements. If team-up games count, put 'Marvel Ultimate Alliance' at number 1 & 'Marvel vs Capcom 2' at number 3.

1 Spider-Man (N64 / PS1)
2 Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2)
3 Spider-Man : The Movie (PS2)
4 Spider-Man 2 (PS2)
5 Spider-Man : WOS
6 Spider-Man 3 (PS3 / PC)
7 Spider-Man & Venom: Separation Anxiety
8 Spider-Man: The Animated Series
9 Spider-Man and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge

One of my biggest complaints with WoS was the swing glitch it had going on. When you would start to swing really fast, really get your swing speed up all the sudden you'd hit an invisible wall and loose all of your momentum. Very frusterating.

One of my biggest complaints with WoS was the swing glitch it had going on. When you would start to swing really fast, really get your swing speed up all the sudden you'd hit an invisible wall and loose all of your momentum. Very frusterating.

I concur.

I really liked WoS, and given some more development time it could have been the best Spider-Man game bar none.

I just finally beat Web of Shadows after renting it...it was ok. Toward the end of the game, it was so choppy and buggy that it was near unplayable though.

I'm going to rate them in relation to how I felt about them at the time:

1. Spider-Man N64
2. Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Spider-Man 1
5. Ultimate Spider-Man

1. Spider-Man: The Movie (8/10) PC
2. Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro (7.5/10) PSX
3. Spider-Man (7/10) PSX
4. Spider-Man 2 (6/10) PS2
5. Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows (3/10) 360

Spiderman 2
USM
WoS
Spiderman 3
i won't bother putting the others on this list because while they were okay for their time, they still kind of sucked.

Spider-man for PS1 is still my favorite. It's graphics are what they are. I mean it was two generations of consoles ago, so you cant really knock it for that. It's still a damn fun game to play. The storyline, rogue's gallery, and cameo's were all great.

Spider-man 2 would probably be my #2 followed by the first movie game, and then maybe Enter Electro. .

wasnt a big fan of the Spidey 3 game or Web of Shadows.

I never played WOS because I heard it sucked. Was I wrong? I hear the fighting and swinging is fun but the city is emptier than almost any open-world game that came before.

Anyway of what I played:

1. SM2 (Gamecube)
2. Spider-Man (N64)
3. Ultimate Spider-Man (Gamecube)
4. Spider-Man vs. Kingpin (Sega Genesis! :D )
5. Spider-Man (Gamecube)

SM3 was so-so. Maximum Carnage was okay and I never played FOF or WOS, but the latter seems to be getting some love.

1)Spider-Man:WoS (PS3)
2)Spider-Man:The Game (PS1)
3)Spider-Man:3 (PS3)
4)Spider-Man:2 (PS2)
5)Ultimate Spider-Man: (PS2)
6)Spider-Man:The Movie (PS2)
7)Spider-Man:EE (PS1)

:D:up:

Last edited:
Spider-man for PS1 is still my favorite. It's graphics are what they are. I mean it was two generations of consoles ago, so you cant really knock it for that. It's still a damn fun game to play. The storyline, rogue's gallery, and cameo's were all great.

I can knock the graphics. There are still plenty of old games that I pop in and enjoy the graphics. Games like Conker, Doom, and Ultimate Spider-Man all still look great. More so for their time. Spider-Man PS1 looks terrible.

And the storyline was goofy, the rogue's gallery was good, and the cameo's were terrible and tacked on.

The Punisher is about to shoot Spidey in one scene, the very next they're talking about a possible team up. :whatever: Cap shows up at the end just in time to have a party. Black Cat and the Human Torch dance with eachother while they all play go fish as does the supervillians. Who by the way were all put into the same jail cell without being depowered and taken out of their costumes. The game doesn't hold up well. The only part that is still a blast to play is the very end, running from monster Ock.

wasnt a big fan of the Spidey 3 game or Web of Shadows.
My two favorites!:D It's amazing how one man's trash is another man's treasure.

i loved it when eddie said that line in the ps2 version. yes, the PS2 eas..meh, but the music was awesome in SM3 the game (and.,.movie for that matter) and i wanted a score soundtrack...but i instead got the complete score gamerip :up:

Ok. I'm going to be fickle and say that Web of Shadows is the best now. Everytime I go back to it and play the combat it blows me away. It makes all the combat before it seem really boring and slow.

I never played WOS because I heard it sucked. Was I wrong? I hear the fighting and swinging is fun but the city is emptier than almost any open-world game that came before.

The city is abit smaller in scale, but I found the city to be pretty good tbh. I kinda like the web swinging, but it should connect to buildings imo, not clouds. The combat was really boring and lacked of variety I think, even though I liked the combat moves for the black suited Spider-Man.

I can knock the graphics. There are still plenty of old games that I pop in and enjoy the graphics. Games like Conker, Doom, and Ultimate Spider-Man all still look great. More so for their time. Spider-Man PS1 looks terrible.

I dont know man, for it's time it was pretty standard graphics wise. Everything was big polygons, etc. I didnt say the graphics were great by any means, especially viewed in light of what we have today, just more of the norm for it's time. When you think about it the vast majority of PS1 games look silly now.

And the storyline was goofy, the rogue's gallery was good, and the cameo's were terrible and tacked on.

The Punisher is about to shoot Spidey in one scene, the very next they're talking about a possible team up. :whatever: Cap shows up at the end just in time to have a party. Black Cat and the Human Torch dance with eachother while they all play go fish as does the supervillians. Who by the way were all put into the same jail cell without being depowered and taken out of their costumes. The game doesn't hold up well. The only part that is still a blast to play is the very end, running from monster Ock.

Thought ie was a fun game. You're right some of the situations were a bit silly, but I just enjoyed the hell out of it. I liked the varied missions like trying to keep up with Venom, riding the top of the train, fighting off the symbiotes, going up against Lizard, Carnage, Rhino, etc.

Funny how that works. :)

I dont know man, for it's time it was pretty standard graphics wise. Everything was big polygons, etc. I didnt say the graphics were great by any means, especially viewed in light of what we have today, just more of the norm for it's time. When you think about it the vast majority of PS1 games look silly now.

I'm saying that some games hold up graphically over the years regardless of how old they are. Marvel vs Capcom 2, or even Ulitmate Spider-Man. They still look great. Spider-Man PS1 looks terrible.

As far as I can remember I've only played two Spider-Man games. (I generally don't play very many superhero games.) It's a very short list, but if I had to rank them...

1. Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage
2. Spider-Man: The Movie: The Game

Spider-Man 2 (PS2 - 9.5)
Spider-Man (PS1 - 9.5)
Spider-Man The Movie (PS2 - 9)
Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2 - 8.5)
Spider-Man Web of Shadows (PC - 8)
Spider-Man 2 Enter Electro (PS1 - 8)
Spider-Man Maximum Carnage (SNES - 8)
Spider-Man Friend or Foe (PS2 - 7.5)
Spider-Man The Animated Series (SNES - 7.5)
Spider-Man 3 (PS2 - 7)
Spider-Man Anxiety Separation (SNES - 7)

I just want the spider-sense system from SM2 back in the new game.
Why did they exclude that from all of the other games?:cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"