• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics Retro Spidey Fan Getting Back Into The Action...

Hal06 said:
Which place online has the most amount of trade paper backs to choose and buy from...
well, www.Amazon.com would have the largest selection, and usually a good discount. Plenty of people sell on ebay as well. And there's also comics-specific sites like www.dreamlandcomics.com www.talesofwonder.com and others
Hal06 said:
So if it is a collection of 6 comics and is one story arc then is that 6 months worth of spiderman because spiderman comes out monthly right
usually, yes
Hal06 said:
Can you get trade paper backs for every type of spiderman comic
Just about. Spider-Man is popular enough of a character that everything they put out with him gets collected. They're working on collected everything from the past 40 years as well, but only about 1/4-1/3 of that's been collected if I had to guess
Hal06 said:
Read teh synopsis of the civil war and wasnt too impressed with the twist with spiderman makes him too vulnerable in my eyes...saying that a similiar thing happened in spiderman 2 when he was stopping the train and was unmasked to about 10 people.
Some people like it, some people don't. I love it, I think it's finally doing something new that's interesting with Spider-Man, and I hope some good stories will come out of it.

Just recommending again, if there's one Spider-Man book I think you would really enjoy, it'd be the miniseries Spider-Man/ Human Torch. You can get all five issue here for a reasonable price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDER-MAN-HUMA...1QQihZ015QQcategoryZ17082QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just want to add that there are some great Stories out there, but there are also some terrible ones. I don't want to scare you off, so really, if you see a book you're interested in, ask some other people what they thought of it first (for instance, there was a story recently entitled Spider-Man: The Other that was GOD AWFUL, and I wouldn't want you to pick it up, read it and decide that all comics suck, ya know?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"