Sam Raimi to direct World of Warcraft movie

JRPJCDJC

Civilian
Reaction score
Sam Raimi to direct World of Warcraft movie

WoW_Box_Art1-thumb-450x322-21120.jpg

Forget Spider-Man: Director Sam Raimi has signed on to direct Warcraft, the live-action film adaptation of the fantasy MMORPG World of Warcraft, Variety reported:

Legendary Pictures and vidgame publisher Blizzard Entertainment are mounting the film, and Warner Bros. will co-finance and distribute. The team boasts an impressive pedigree: In addition to the director of Spider-Man, the partners have added The Dark Knight producer Charles Roven to the creative mix. The plan is for Raimi to supervise development of Warcraft and shoot the picture after he completes work on Spider-Man 4, which gets under way early next year for Columbia Pictures. ...
The Warcraft universe features an epic conflict between the Horde and the Alliance.
So ... how would this work, exactly? Do audience members get to pick their avatars and go on quests? Can audience members in one theater form a guild with those in other theaters? And can Drag Me to Hell's Raimi be the wizard who breaks the curse of crappy video-game-based movies?

The fan-boys are already calling for Bruce Campbell to star. I believe it's a good fit.

It's better than appreviating WOW.

its official

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62466

Last July, Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures announced that Sam Raimi had signed on to direct a movie based on the award-winning Warcraft universe.

"At its core, 'Warcraft' is a fantastic, action-packed story. I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen," Raimi said then.

In October, Raimi also revealed that Saving Private Ryan and The Patriot screenwriter Robert Rodat was writing the script for Warcraft.

Raimi was expected to develop the game adaptation while he was shooting Spider-Man 4. Of course, last Monday Sony made the big announcement that the "Spider-Man" franchise was going to be rebooted in 2012, leaving fans wondering if he would turn his attention fully to the Warcraft movie instead.

iF Magazine got a chance to talk to Warcraft producer and Raimi's partner, Robert Tapert, who said the helmer hasn't made a decision yet.

"It's in development," Tapert said. "We're in the outline/story/script phase."

"I don't want to speak on Sam's behalf, because the 'Spider-Man' thing happened so recently," added Tapert. "I think he's getting his feet under him and trying to decide. He might want to do a teeny, tiny small film, but I don't know what he wants to do. I know he had a great time doing 'Drag Me to Hell.'"

Daggnabbit, Raimi! Where's that Shadow movie you've been talking about for the last ten years?!

Warcraft to me is, well the first two games who were bloody swords n sorcery-influcenced strategy games. Then with Warcraft 3 and WoW all started to turn into a kiddie cartoon fantasy.

Looking like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgJK4WpOImM

Somewhere along the way everyone's 'characters' became 'toons' and that did nothing to help people's trying to not resort to the growing childish behavior surrounding them. I avoided it by simply still referring to my 'characters' as 'characters' and going on a few public tirades on why they are not 'toons' and why The World of Warcraft should not be taken so lightly.

I won't take candy from a baby unless that baby is taking candy from others.

Warcraft really needs an 18+ realm server.

Last edited:
One question: if they make a Warcraft movie, how will the fans be able to watch it? Maybe they'll put a virtual theater in the game...

One question: if they make a Warcraft movie, how will the fans be able to watch it? Maybe they'll put a virtual theater in the game...

Maybe but first you have to gather 20 buddies for the instance, all must be lvl 80 with a good gearscore with no blue stuff. To summerize : unstuff = kick
When you are all set, you must clean the theater entrance from trash mobs and don't forget to raid the candy vendors forextra XP, use of potions is recommanded ( red bull, coke etc ).

On a side note, I wouldn't trust a director who only has a lvl 72 character of which he doesn't know the class to make a WarCraft movie. I am sure Uwe Boll got at least two if not more lvl 80 characters in epic gear :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"