Season 2/Episode 6 | “What If… Kahhori Reshaped the World?”

There is no way in hell Kahhori would understand Strange at the end of this. :D
I really dont know how to feel about this episode.

This was not a Marvel story at all. It's like it was created for something else but didn't get picked up. This was more like an original Disney film but was refashioned to have some Marvel elements in it. But the source of her powers could easily have been something other than the Tesseract.

It could've worked well as its own independent story unconnected to Marvel. It could've been like Pocahontas or Mullan or Moana. The Marvel bits felt tacked on, but because it was presented as Marvel story you expected it to have more Marvel elements. I think it ended up doing a disservice to both.

Overall I liked the episode (not the best or worst) but the biggest issue for me is runtime. With other episodes, runtime and pacing random. Some episodes do good with their runtime, a lot of others don't and need more time to flesh things out. I feel because we're focusing on an entirely new character and storyline here, the 30 minute runtime does a massive disservice to the story. I really like the character and mythos behind the Tesseract, but man did it feel like we we're rushing through scenes. I appreciate the creators did this and it would be cool to get more original stuff like this in the future but I'm not sure What If was the best venue for this type of thing. Glad they tried though, maybe next time they'll do better.

There is no way in hell Kahhori would understand Strange at the end of this. :D
lol Tbf she was speaking Spanish at the end, so it's possible she learned English as well at some point. We really don't know how long the amount of time passed before that final scene.

This was not a Marvel story at all. It's like it was created for something else but didn't get picked up. This was more like an original Disney film but was refashioned to have some Marvel elements in it. But the source of her powers could easily have been something other than the Tesseract.

It could've worked well as its own independent story unconnected to Marvel. It could've been like Pocahontas or Mullan or Moana. The Marvel bits felt tacked on, but because it was presented as Marvel story you expected it to have more Marvel elements. I think it ended up doing a disservice to both.
I feel like you're really only thinking that because it's an original story. Had we had this character in the comics and this was simply adapting her story, this wouldn't really be an issue. I felt the seeing the brief intro with Odin and the Tesseract was enough of a hook.

This episode worked well as an intro for the first original hero to come out of the MCU. I'm curious to see if she turns up again in the 1602 episode or the finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"