• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Jessica Jones Season 2 References, Cameos, Easter Eggs, ETC. (SPOILERS)

TheVileOne

Eternal
Reaction score
Here we will discuss all references and significant references, Easter eggs from Season 2.

- Multiple references toward Trish Walker's "Hellcat" alter-ego. IE, saying she lost "two of her nine lives." Trish and Dr. Malus receive some feline-related chemical from a vet shop before the DNA rewrite experiment.

- The weird IGH subject who comes to visit Jessica Jones says he has powers to move really fast and he calls himself "The Whizzer." He in fact does have powers of speed. The visuals look less than impressive though.

- During that early montage of Jessica seeing prospective comments, a woman talks about green men or lizard people disguising themselves as people. Pretty clear reference to the Skrulls.

- Multiple references to The Raft from Marvel Comics and Civil War.

- Oscar's son Vido's favorite action figure is one of Captain America.

- Early on, Elden Henson makes a cameo as Foggy Nelson. Attempts to help Hogarth. She basically tells him to f*** off. But just one scene appearance by Foggy this season.

- During that early montage of Jessica seeing prospective comments, a woman talks about green men or lizard people disguising themselves as people. Pretty clear reference to the Skrulls.
Ha, I missed this one. Would be pretty amusing if this was our first hint at a "Secret Invasion" storyline in the movies for Phase 4.

Yeah, caught that one in ep 1. The lady also mentioned "...the dinosaur people already got Jay-Z!"

Last edited:
Here we will discuss all references and significant references, Easter eggs from Season 2.

- Multiple references toward Trish Walker's "Hellcat" alter-ego. IE, saying she lost "two of her nine lives." Trish and Dr. Malus receive some feline-related chemical from a vet shop before the DNA rewrite experiment.

- The weird IGH subject who comes to visit Jessica Jones says he has powers to move really fast and he calls himself "The Whizzer." He in fact does have powers of speed. The visuals look less than impressive though.

- Multiple references to The Raft from Marvel Comics and Civil War.

- Oscar's son Vido's favorite action figure is one of Captain America.

- Early on, Elden Henson makes a cameo as Foggy Nelson. Attempts to help Hogarth. She basically tells him to f*** off. But just one scene appearance by Foggy this season.
damn, Foggy is the only non-JJ MCU character that showed up? and for only one episode? that's a little disappointing

Well....

Simply said, the big one for me, besides doing the Dr. Malus PowerBroker, was the ending episode ended somewhere very important in Marvel lore.... Westchester. I am still shocked, and might need to look over the street signs and see if they did the big shout out in a very subtle way.

only ones I noticed was Foggy's cameo and mentioning the Raft on multiple occasions and the detective saying the "supers" like to team up

When Jessica and Trish go to Dr. Hanson's building, we see a list of tenants. One of them is "L. Carter", the original Night Nurse. Could very well be a coincidence, though.

that's it? just Turk and Foggy as minor characters?

Yeah, I'm also kinda surprised that there is nothing more to it. Only saw 3 episodes so far, but I feel, following Jessica, like the events of The Defenders have not happened at all. lol There is literally no mention of it: no ninjas, no nothing ... weird.
Oh well.
The new neighbours' kid has a Captain America toy, though. And appereantly they mention The Raft.

Yeah, I'm also kinda surprised that there is nothing more to it. Only saw 3 episodes so far, but I feel, following Jessica, like the events of The Defenders have not happened at all. lol There is literally no mention of it: no ninjas, no nothing ... weird.
Oh well.
The new neighbours' kid has a Captain America toy, though. And appereantly they mention The Raft.
captain america was also namedropped in the trailer. yet, Disney will do next to nothing to have those references mean anything.
Yeah, the Jessica Jones season decided to focus instead on Jessica Jones characters.
her world has just gotten much bigger. while the focus should be on her, there should also be a certain feeling of placement among others now. i had this same complaint with season 1, and I also did like the supporting characters in season 1 but did not like how many of them were handled. so it sounds like I won't enjoy season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"