Season 5 Episode 10 Discussion "Mother's Mercy"

The only thing she's accused of in the show is perjury, so I doubt it.

If GRR Martin writes that scene in his yet-to-be-published new novel, then the show runners will be forced to include this scene. I hope so, anyway.

Watching Margaery do the walk of shame would be redundant. If she did walk, we'd probably only get a brief glimpse of her punishment and then the scene would move on.

i think i've seen enough walk of shames. and if any of the tyrell siblings would have to do it, loras has the much more severe sins of the two in the eye of the sparrow i'd imagine

I do wonder what they've got in store for Loras. In the books I don't think they ever mentioned the Faith's views on homosexuality (other than disapproval). Maybe they'll work in Book Loras' fate.

what happened in the book? spoiler tag or direct me where i can find out lol

Loras in the books joins the Kingsguard, and after the Greyjoys start attacking his home he begs the small council to send him and an army to liberate his homeland. They tell him that he'll only be allowed to do that if he helps the royal fleet lift the siege at Dragonstone. He goes there, and in trying to storm the castle, gets boiling oil poured over him by Baratheon men. He doesn't die, but last report is that he's in a critical state.

They'd have to do some bending with the story to make any of that work on the show, but maybe it'll happen.

Well it might be forced upon him as an act of atonement. "Do this thing and you and your sister will be forgiven in the eyes of the seven" or something.

Can't have another walk of shame. It'd feel silly having to watch it again.

The only real use of the walk of shame, on Margaery would be to foil Cersei's experience by having it fail utterly in its intended damage. And you could do that just by showing Margaery making a different tactic and succeeding or encountering more dangerous personal damage in exchange for much less political damage.

The only real use of the walk of shame, on Margaery would be to foil Cersei's experience by having it fail utterly in its intended damage. And you could do that just by showing Margaery making a different tactic and succeeding or encountering more dangerous personal damage in exchange for much less political damage.

Lol, imagine if during her walk of shame people throw flowers at her and lay down in her path so she doesn't have to walk on the stones.

Loras in the books joins the Kingsguard, and after the Greyjoys start attacking his home he begs the small council to send him and an army to liberate his homeland. They tell him that he'll only be allowed to do that if he helps the royal fleet lift the siege at Dragonstone. He goes there, and in trying to storm the castle, gets boiling oil poured over him by Baratheon men. He doesn't die, but last report is that he's in a critical state.

They'd have to do some bending with the story to make any of that work on the show, but maybe it'll happen.

Yeah...that's a whole lot bending for Loras. Too many other important characters to worry about.

margaery is much more loved by the commonfolk than cersei, so i don't see her walk of shame being as bad as cersei's, or it could be a lot worse because the commonfolk may feel more betrayed for putting all their love and faith in her :huh:

Don't the Tyrells have loads more people in King's Landing? Knights and such? Anything so scandalous would likely be costly to the High Sparrow's army. My question is, what do you think the HS will do if Cersei's new knight is some kind of undead (watch the scenes with him, look at that gray complexion around his helm's eye-slits)?

Last edited:
Don't the Tyrells have loads more people in King's Landing? Knights and such? Anything so scandalous would likely be costly to the High Sparrow's army. My question is, what do you think the HS will do if Cersei's new knight is some kind of undead (watch the scenes with him, look at that gray complexion around his helm's eye-slits)?

I want to know what a single undead warrior is going to do to an organization that seems to have the whole city (outside the aristocracy) supporting them.

trial by combat? take out a big player?

So I binged watched all of season 3,4, and 5 back to back. It's good to be all caught up, haven't seen the series since season 2. Season 5 is by far the greatest, so many good scenes. Battle of Hardhome, Dany and her Dragons, the oh so glorious Walk of Shame. Season 6 has a lot to live up to.

I really really really really hope in season 6, that AT LEAST...

The White Walkers assault The Wall. Would be a good season finale I think.

trial by combat? take out a big player?

Wild guessing on my part, drawing on what's been shown on the show, so no book spoilers here.

That's possible, depending on how powerful the High Sparrow's religion has taken hold in the common folk. If the High Sparrow talks up a trial by combat as you suggest, and Cersei's new knight wins the trial, it might gain her more power within the city. Among the common folk, anyway.

Qyburn might try to manipulate Cersei into turning her forces against the people at the Citadel that kicked him out. It would also let them tie this arc into Sam's.

As the camera kept panning down to his face ...did you all notice a light or flame reflecting off his eyes? Could be Mel or was it just the light of the camera? Hmm.....

I want to know what a single undead warrior is going to do to an organization that seems to have the whole city (outside the aristocracy) supporting them.

Well isn't trial by combat supposed to be how the gods show favor on the winner? By using cap'n meatshield as their unstoppable death machine then they should be able to show the 'gods' favor is on their side.

MAN I just finished Season 5 last night and WOW.
I LOVED ep 8 out of all of them tho!

tumblr_nt44rhOEFV1ssypfho2_250.gif
tumblr_nt44rhOEFV1ssypfho3_250.gif

tumblr_nt44rhOEFV1ssypfho4_250.gif
tumblr_nt44rhOEFV1ssypfho1_r1_250.gif

It took me about 3 months but I finally watched the entire season. I just wrapped up the Season 5 finale a few hours ago.

Jon Snow's demise was spoiled for me long ago. But it was still a bit shocking as now, there is no way he is dead. What was the entire point of me being one of the main characters we followed for 50 episodes to die like that? What was the point of Melisandre's interest in him? What was the point of his stare down with the Night's King? I want to see how they attempt to swing this. And f*** Olly, that orphaned son of a b****.

Oh, and the Sand Snakes and Dorne in general sucked. Tyene Sand can get it, though. Her **** were awesome. Best nude scene in the series. Five out of five stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"